Beginners and Beyond

Your Stupidist Traffic Ticket (Read 140 times)

Docket_Rocket

Rabbit, opening the case yourself must have signaled him HE IS GOING TO KILL ME.  It's hard being a cop not knowing what will happen at a stop.  Glad he stopped and was respectful too rather than arresting you before checking the case.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RSX

You can definitely try to be an honest citizen and create a police matter. Years ago a friend and I (in our late teens then) went to a midnight movie. After it was over I showed  him a course near Boston College that I was trying to convince him to run. I did a u turn, and got pulled over. I had nothing to hide and hadn't been drinking so got out of the car to appraach them. My friend noticed that 1 guy had drawn his gun toward me. So I learned to just sit there.

DollarBill

Back in 1983 when I was 25 in Albany NY was driving in a 30mhp zone along a very wide boulevard.  Police pulled me over.  Told me I was doing 40.  Told him it was the first time I had ever been stopped, didn't realize I was going 40 given the wide boulevard, was not in any rush.  He advised me he was giving me a ticket, but that I should tell the judge it was my first offense and most likely the judge would let me off.

So I go to court, there's about 50 people waiting for it to open, the clerk comes out and asks if we are all here with tickets from Officer X.  WE all say yes.  She replies, it's the day before election day, we are never in session the day before elections, and that Officer X does this alot to first offenders.  All tickets are considered void.

So that was the stupidest ticket I never really received.

Docket_Rocket

That was good, Dollar Bill.

In here, you pay a lawyer to go to court on your behalf and you get no points and no school (even though the speeding ticket indicates it is part of the sentence).  One such lawyer here is Alex Hannah.  He donated $500K to my lawschool so you can tell how much money he makes of these.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page