Hey Banshee : (Read 123 times)

LRB

Good stuff SIAR, any pics?

Hip Redux

Holy smokes, SIAR.   Sounds brutal!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good stuff SIAR, any pics?

No, sorry. It wasn't a great day for cameras...steady rain throughout most of the first day to add to the fun. I'm excited to see her comments on the race.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I'm excited to see her comments on the race.

That makes a ton of us!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That's crazy.  She's one tough woman though.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I know she will probably share a RR, but as someone that was out there, you all should know how big of an accomplishment this was. It was really tough out there. There were two sections with mud like I never knew existed. On the downhills, I could only hope to slide from tree to tree; if there wasn't a tree to grab, I fell. Going up was a virtually impossibility.

The guy I was pacing and I passed Banshee on the section going to mile 65.7. I had watched her really head gingerly out of the prior aid station, clearly feeling the miles at that point. The difference? The guy I was pacing got to 65.7 1:15 ahead of the cutoff, but decided to call it quits. She came in after us, but gutted it out and clearly did the work to finish.

Major congratulations to her!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Trail Monster

Wow! I'm just blown away so many people took time out of their lives to track me and check on me! I keep getting choked up with every comment, well wish, and update posted. It was a really tough day like SIAR said. Up to 46-ish miles I was well under 24 hour pace. I ran 12:34 average for the first 6.2, 11:51 for the next 11, 12:40 for the next 9, etc. As I approached halfway my paced dropped to 15's and 16's and I couldn't pull it back together. The mud sucked everything right out of me and we had a 24 mile section where we couldn't see our crew so I couldn't get new socks and shoes. It was like wearing 20 pound lead weights on my ankles until I finally got to my crew at 65.7. Thankfully my crew was absolutely amazing. One member paced me from 55.5 to 70.6, another from 70.6 to 93.2, and the final member paced me from 93.2 to the finish. They forced me to eat and drink even when I didn't want to. They forced me to run when my body told me it couldn't. If it wasn't for them I never would have made it. Final time of 29:30:42 and 144/305 (110 runners dropped). A full race report will be forthcoming once I sleep and process what just happened. But for now I just want you all to know that it means the world to me that any of you cared enough to actually start a thread and then get it to 4 pages all for me! <3

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

We all knew that this race meant a lot to you.  I'd love to know if some of those guys that discouraged you a couple of weeks ago dropped.  I'm so glad that you made it.  Congratulations.  Rest up.  Can't wait to read the RR.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Hip Redux

We all knew that this race meant a lot to you.  I'd love to know if some of those guys that discouraged you a couple of weeks ago dropped.  I'm so glad that you made it.  Congratulations.  Rest up.  Can't wait to read the RR.

+1!

Trail Monster

Nope. The guy that had me so worried finished in 21:39. He did, however, congratulate me on my finish. So I guess we're even. Smile

Actually everyone that I really wanted to see finish dropped. That's what makes me sad. I knew my faster friends were determined and would get there. They all finished long before me but my friend that I just edged out at NC24 dropped after getting 3 bonus miles and missing a cutoff (poorly marked course) and my other friend dropped and I don't know why yet. We were all together for most of the race so it easily could have been me. I was racing cutoffs for the final 20 miles and it was really hard to put in the effort when it would have been so easy to just get swept and say I couldn't do it.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Docket_Rocket

This!

Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Congrats on a fabulous accomplishment!!

And SIAR congrats to you for being so selfless and running with your friend.

LRB

Wow! I'm just blown away so many people took time out of their lives to track me and check on me!

No more marathons

Truly amazing.  My new trail exemplar.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

meaghansketch

What an amazing accomplishment!  I hope you are as proud of yourself as you deserve to be (which is to say VERY).  Getting through the course with perfect weather and good conditions would be a huge accomplishment; doing it in the conditions that you faced even more so.  The number of people who dropped out is a testament to what a hard course it was, and how tough you had to be to finish it.

Congratulations!

Will run for scenery.

Sara, I hope you spend all the time you need sleeping, eating pancakes, drinking beer, soaking in a hot bath, getting a mani/pedi and drinking more beer.  You deserve EARNED it !

But after that, girl, we gonna pick your brain !

There seem to be two kinds of runner in the world : those who who just go out and do (yet) another ultra, no big deal.  And those (of us) who can't fathom that a human being can run 100 miles. Without crack.

You're special. You're the missing link.  You're not one of "them."  But you did it.  So what's the deal ?  Seriously.  What was it like ?  Why didn't you just give up and go home ?

Again, sweet dreams an' all that shit.  But don't hold back on the story 'cause we're listening.....

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!