Beginners and Beyond

www.penguins.run Friday! (Read 21 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Won't pilates show you how you are feeling, Damaris?  Well, hope you are feeling better than before.

Dang, PAD, early-bird times for you!  Sorry you could not sleep after you woke up.  Maybe you should have just gone and run at 2 a.m.  You'd probably have had the roads all to yourself, that's for sure.

Way to go on the 7, Bin.

Zelanie, go for the walk and have fun.  It's all part of your experience down there, don't miss it. Stick with the family, that will make it all the better for you.

Jerry, you getting some crazy weather up there, or are you about to?  From what I saw on Weather Channel last night, appears some stuff is moving your way.  Good luck!

So of course, HsM, you'll send all of us fresh raspberries, right?    Gail was immensely surprised, lol, when she found out I actually DO like raspberries.  She'd just assumed not, since I don't like strawberries, blueberries, cherries, etc.

If you showed up with those legs, Cherie, the football players would certainly appreciate you too!      I saw that Phoenix yesterday was a flippin 110 DEGREES!!!!    Bet you're glad you don't live in that part of your state!  Enjoy that weather.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Not necessarily. It depends on the torture machine I am on.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

So of course, HsM, you'll send all of us fresh raspberries, right?    Gail was immensely surprised, lol, when she found out I actually DO like raspberries.  She'd just assumed not, since I don't like strawberries, blueberries, cherries, etc.

YOU like RASPBERRIES??? 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

11 run/walk (9:1) miles for us.  We were trying for 12, but forgot to bring some food with us.  So, DW started to get light-headed in the sweltering 58DP and we walked the last mile.  I think the the run/walk gets an extra couple of miles out of my knees but they are still pretty achy.

Now that we are all settled on the deck, I hear thunder.

Singer who runs a smidge

Jerry, if it's like where I live, you have to wait until it actually starts raining.  Otherwise the storm might just go north of you, or south, or never materialize at all.  And that's no reason to leave the deck!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry, if it's like where I live, you have to wait until it actually starts raining.  Otherwise the storm might just go north of you, or south, or never materialize at all.  And that's no reason to leave the deck!

HaHa, HsM.  We just got our lunch finished and the rain started.  Not a lot, but we closed up and decided it was a good time for an indoor shower.

Singer who runs a smidge

Y'all should just strip off your clothes and dance around on the deck!  Why waste power on a hot shower?