Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins Have A Pep Talk In Every Post! (Read 23 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.25m @ 9:56.  No time to go to the track so we sucked it up and ran through the neighborhood.  Stayed on the north/south streets to avoid the strong west wind.  Actually got kind of warm today, but polar vortex is on the way.

Cherie, DD ran a HM several years ago and maybe a few 5k's.  She is an out of shape newlywed.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, for today, I ended up going for a run/walk and Gail ended up doing 45 minutes of swimming. She has not done a swim workout in quite a while, so her arms were sore afterwards, so we passed on the weight training.  AFM, the run was really nice, finally.  I say finally, because I felt a little sluggish for the first half mile, like I had a lack of energy.  Funny, though, I ate one of the dog biscuits I was carrying, lol (really!  used to eat them all the time when I was a little kid, much to the amusement of my parents) and felt pretty good shortly after that.  Ended up with 3.3 miles done.   The weather was perfect too.  Sunny, blue skies, slight wind, 60 degrees.  Nice.

Glad your bronchitis has cleared up, Gustav!

Sorry about the end of the streak, PAD.  Hope this is something minor you just tweaked a bit that will go away after a bit of rest!

Glad the leg is okay, Lauren.  Nice shoes, very colorful!

Enjoy the family dinner, Jerry!

Congrats, Zelanie, Costa Rica, very nice!   Hope you can get all your training in while you're down there, sounds like you might be quite busy between seeing all the things you can see down there AND chaperoning 25 high schoolers, even if they do have host families.

Aww, too bad, Cherie, I bet you look great streaking.   Enjoy your SRD, and sorry to hear about your ill friend, hope she feels better soon.

Congrats on your miles in the snow and wind, Ginny!  I dunno, though, if I'd put snow in my mouth these days..especially with all the 'crappola" that seems to be in our air, earth, etc. these days...blech!    And, hopefully, no dog was there before you doing its business!

Congrats on your miles, Jack!  Haven't seen the latest news on the fires, but last I heard, sounds like it's still crazy out there a bit, stay safe!

Hope your legs are back to their old selves, Mitch!  Safe trip when you travel.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

I got another run out by the river, 6.2 miles right as the sun was going down. We will be leaving sometime tomorrow to head back to Bama. I think my wife will end going to stay with her parents for a week or so after her dad gets home. That's back in SW Arkansas.

Zelanie

Had a great run today.  I got a good night's sleep and had a good stretch/rolling session yesterday, so I started off feeling pretty good.  Then I told myself that I should run like the runner that Cheri thinks I am.   Just a little bit of a lighter step, or something, made my whole run feel as good as that last mile felt on Friday.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: you are definitely in the zone. I wish your marathon training was now!

Zelanie

I was talking to a guy at the track about that.  There's a really nice marathon coming up in May.  He thinks the way to sub-4 in October would be to run that full in May just to get a feel for the distance.  I kind of think having a strong HM in the spring would be a better mental boost than a crummy full that I would feel undertrained for.

SheCan

Jerry-- LOL @ outta shape newly wed.  I thought newly weds were always in their best shape.  Had to fix into a wedding gown recently.   Well I guess she needs this race in Miami then.  Get her running again.

Scotty--- "sorry to hear about your ill friend, hope she feels better soon."   She was up for visiting, Scotty, and was cheerful as always.  So I was super happy to see her for her b-day.

Zelanie-- "Then I told myself that I should run like the runner that Cheri thinks I am.   Just a little bit of a lighter step, or something, made my whole run feel as good as that last mile felt on Friday."  LOL, you ARE that runner!  I'm so happy to hear that I inspired you to have that moment again though !!!!!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson