Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 48 times)

delicate flower

To the young brah in the gym locker room today taking a shirtless, pants fully unzipped selfie:  Don't do that.

<3

LRB

Every time before it happened right around ~20 minutes (and again, this time, though much less severe).   Plus, I hadn't done anything in over two weeks, I'm not sure I could have run for an hour. Tongue

Yeah I was thinking that since professional people were around to help, but you know what is best.

Meaghan how did the 410 work out for ya?

lol at BBB!

meaghansketch

Meaghan how did the 410 work out for ya?

Worked out great!  I hit the bezel a couple times by accident and had trouble getting it back to the main 'training' display but it mainly wasn't a problem.  It would have been nice to have 4 fields (I ended up creating another screen with just 'average pace' on it) but with my time under the bridges I lost signal enough times that it became meaningless in the end anyway.  I did snag a 4:00:00 pace band at the expo so I was able to check it against that, which helped a lot.

To the young brah in the gym locker room today taking a shirtless, pants fully unzipped selfie:  Don't do that.

But the ladies like when i post those pics on facebook.....dont they?

SRD for me today.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Hip Redux

That needs to be added to this list, under "gym selfies".

Hip Redux

Yeah I was thinking that since professional people were around to help, but you know what is best.

Professional people?  You mean at my gym?  You haven't seen the people they hire....  lol

The stress test (in the drs office) was only ~15 minutes.  I suppose if we can't recreate it over the next SIX WEEKS of wearing this stupid monitor, there's no hope for me catching it in the docs.

LRB

Professional people?  You mean at my gym?  You haven't seen the people they hire....  lol

The stress test (in the drs office) was only ~15 minutes.  I suppose if we can't recreate it over the next SIX WEEKS of wearing this stupid monitor, there's no hope for me catching it in the docs.

Ahh, okay.  I thought you were at the docs office for all of it.

Hip Redux

Ahh, okay.  I thought you were at the docs office for all of it.

No - she couldn't get it to happen in the stress test.  So, six weeks wearing a cardiac event monitor.  I can't run out on the road though - I don't want to have a problem 2 miles away from home.  Lots of treadmilling at the gym in my future....but better than no running.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

HA!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

No - she couldn't get it to happen in the stress test.  So, six weeks wearing a cardiac event monitor.  I can't run out on the road though - I don't want to have a problem 2 miles away from home.  Lots of treadmilling at the gym in my future....but better than no running.

That sucks.  Hopefully it is not something that occurs only outside for whatever reason, maybe get Yogi to run with you for one of them just to see?

Jess runs for bacon

Howdy! Started my new job today Smile Everything seems great, although I haven't gotten to the nitty gritty. But people were very nice and fun. Got my run in too, although my stomach was bothering me so I cut it short.

LRB

Howdy! Started my new job today Smile Everything seems great, although I haven't gotten to the nitty gritty. But people were very nice and fun. Got my run in too, although my stomach was bothering me so I cut it short.

Congrats!

I bought a jar of Reese's brand peanut butter the other day and opened it tonight.  It is remarkably unremarkable.

Oski, I'm glad that you had trouble-free time spinning.

meaghansketch, have fun doing whatever you do.

Sparker1606, I hope that you've been having a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Shari, congratulations on your new job!

Boo. All the TMs at the gym were occupiedSad I did weights, more push-ups and ab work, and thirty-five minutes on the elliptical.

Docket_Rocket

Meaghan, I still need a couple more for the next level, but if I do what I am planning next weekend, I would get two levels above what I have now.  We'll see!  And congrats on your sub-4 (in case you didn't see my comment from last night!)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page