Beginners and Beyond

So, are we gonna stick with our clan, or move out into the general forums? (Read 402 times)

sugnim

It's cool to see everyone here, and pretty awesome to have a lot of our old threads back.  But, are we all going to stay here on our RWOLBF island, or are we going to mesh with the natives and blend our collective cultures?

Mmmmm...beer

I think the natives fear our heathen ways. Evil

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Their main forums are not like ours were.  Everyone here has an island.

Misty

From what I can tell, the RA natives prefer we keep our dailies and non-running related chatter in here. So I guess if we actually have a :gasp: running question we should post it in the scary outside place.

But I think I'll just hang out in this warm, cozy little forum TYVM.

Misty

Bless your heart.

runfoolery

I think our BF-specific craziness should stay in here. There is a NRR forum though, so general craziness (like my mighty, awesome Doctor Who thread) belongs in there

I personally want to introduce a single, long-accumulating dailies thread (instead of a new one every day) in the General Running forum once we stop having activity on 5 threads saying HI RWOL REFUGEES, because even though some have said they don't want to have that, others have said a single thread would be fine, so I'd want to try it as an experiment - but not right now

sugnim

Good grief, I see what ya'll mean!  They don't want to "wade through" our stuff.  It appears we are their spam.

LRB

The forum off the beaten path is where most of their chat goes on the main forum.  Everything else is running related.

I have posted out there and will contiue to do so.

I can't wait until mid January,  when the new mileage team threads take over their general forum.

They will love us!

But seriously, I like this set up.  And speaking of the new miles game (if we have it over here), these boards will make it so much easier to have private team threads.  Ever try setting up a private group and posting in the "Loop" at RWOL?   Terrible.

LRB

I personally want to introduce a single, long-accumulating dailies thread (instead of a new one every day) in the General Running forum once we stop having activity on 5 threads saying HI RWOL REFUGEES, because even though some have said they don't want to have that, others have said a single thread would be fine, so I'd want to try it as an experiment - but not right now

It has been stated in the nicest way possible that they do not want that.

runfoolery

It has been stated in the nicest possible way that some do not want that. Others have said that they would be fine with it.

delicate flower

I am sure there are RA members here who have a lot more knowledge than my dumb ass and can be a great resource when I need feedback.  So, I will treat this place like I do RWOL...keep most of my chit-chat here where it belongs, and post my running questions in other forums when applicable.   

<3

runfoolery

There were other forums than BF on RWOL?

I think less than 1% of my posts were on other forums, there was just so much traffic on BF most of my searches landed there anyway. I do like the fact that a single forum isn't as dominant here.

xor

Blend.  Just understand that we had a sleepy little board of people who all know each other.  In comes a bunch of folks.  We're a friendly bunch, but the cultures are slightly different.  Give it some time.

And please try not to take it out on the natives.  Most of them/us were just minding their/our own business when the Spanish Armada showed up.  If they/we try to provide a helpful pointer to how things work in their/our land, please don't get upset and start claiming that they/we aren't making you feel welcome.

Of course we are.

Love the Half

I am sure there are RA members here who have a lot more knowledge than my dumb ass and can be a great resource when I need feedback.  So, I will treat this place like I do RWOL...keep most of my chit-chat here where it belongs, and post my running questions in other forums when applicable.   

^^This^^  The other forums are quite friendly but please limit yourself to topics actually related to running in those forums.  I've ventured into the Running 101 forum and it's a lot like the BF with a mix of newer and more experienced runners focused on running related topics.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Jess runs for bacon

I've been poking my head in some of the other threads to get a feel for things but not really posting there yet. Just lurking first Smile