Beginners and Beyond

Here We Go Again: SUNDAILIES (Read 250 times)

Cool   WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!  Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Today's plan is 10.0 miles, weights, abs, and push-ups.

CoffeeEveryone must be sleeping In today. I found some Michigan Cherry coffee for the Kuerig yesterday,anyone care for a cup?......tasty.

im hoping for 5 again today.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

@runjerseygirl

Did 1 mile on the TM at the gym to test out the foot.  Took it slow and easy at a 12:00mm pace.  Felt good.  A little "tired," if that makes sense, but no pain.

Did another 30 minutes on the spin bike, tacking on 9.87 miles to my total for the week.

Might do some ab work at home later.

Do you even run?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! Heading out soon for 9 with my RP. I'd rather be lazy at home but you know how it goes... excuses are not welcome here today.

LRB

I found some Michigan Cherry coffee for the Kuerig yesterday,anyone care for a cup?......tasty.

I don't really do flavored coffees but I'm sure it's yummy because  Michigan Cherries usually are.

What?  Big grin

Oddly, it's dark as hell outside right now, time to get caffeinated!

@runjerseygirl

Ever have a really "bad" cup of coffee?

Yeah, me neither. Wink

Do you even run?

delicate flower

Unscheduled rest day numero uno.  Still in pain, still swollen, still grumpy about it.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

haha that is one bad cup of coffee!

Knee pain is back for me Sad. My knee apparently didn't like that little run as much as I did Sad. Today is rest, ice, and foam rolling while my boyfriend's dog tries to get out from under me cuz she thinks it's her chew toy

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning Basya, Scott, Kay, April, LRB, Kristin & Baboon! Morning, Dailies!

Baboon - hope the swelling goes down soon and the pain subsides. Do you think it's more of a bruise or sprain, or something else?

Kristin - hope your knee starts feeling better soon.

Kay, this is a family site! Smile

Slept in properly today, for a change. I'm looking at 8 miles this afternoon, with 2-3 at 15K pace. I need to slowly build that up.

For some reason, I'm up a couple of pounds lately. I probably ate too well over the holidays, but I seem to have grown  to like late-night snacks as well. I'll have to cut that out again, I reckon.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sorry Baboon Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Just B.S.

Morning everyone!

Baboon, sending healing vibes your way man.

LRB, duuuuuude!!! that's all

Kay, glad the foot is responding.

April, enjoy the 8.

Sparker, have a good 5.

Tom, I gained 2 pounds from Christmas/birthday food (mine) but it's gone now. I"m sure you's won't

hang around long.

Kristin, hope the knee feels better for you tomorrow.

It's a feel like of -2F here right now. Hubby and I were going to wait a bit to go out for our 12 miles later but since

when it warms up it is going to snow we are heading out soon.

I could not believe how tired I was after the 1000 meters at the pool yesterday morning. Maybe it was because I

did 9 miles the night before and then was up at 6am to swim, (which I haven't done in forever), then walked the

dog 2.5 miles but i felt more tired last night than after running a marathon.

Going back to the pool tomorrow, very excited!! I had forgotten that I'm actually not half bad at it. I've done a sprint tri

and duathlons up to the Olympic distance. We are going to start with a sprint tri in June and work up to an Olympic

tri later in the summer.

Have a good one folks, stay warm!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

It's a feel like of -2F here right now. Hubby and I were going to wait a bit to go out for our 12 miles later but since when it warms up it is going to snow we are heading out soon.

It's 35 out now, with a "feels like" of "I'm going to wait until after noon when it's 50 to run". Why? So I can wear shorts without the running drawers under them. Smile

50 is almost perfect running weather IMHO!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Robert31320

Team TJ

Happy Sunday morning.

I slept in this morning and have zero regrets.  Planning to get in some miles after church.  I have a number in mind but when I post it pre-run I seem to never hit it.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Woke up with a bad migraine and nausea.  Will run tonight, 9 with 4 @ HMP planned.

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page