Beginners and Beyond

Art & Orchard Festival 10k Race Report (Read 72 times)

Will run for scenery.

Wowsers!

Amazing job!  Next time maybe you'll beat the motorcycle too...

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Bin Running

Congrats on the win, you are fast...

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

SheCan

Oh LRB what a fabulous, wonderful day for you!   Congratulations on your first OA!!!!!!!!!!   It's so great when someone so nice and deserving wins.  You're one speedy man.  I just wish you'd put up some victory pictures of yourself crossing the finish line!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

sheepla

I can't believe the title of this thread didn't scream out that you won!  I promise if I ever win a race (as if), it will be predominately stated in the title for everyone to know!

Trail Monster

Freaking right! You go stud!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Congrats!   I loved your race report.  Your excitement and enthusiasm is contagious.  I am still smiling and this will keep me smiling as I go on my trail run later today.

happylily

Amazing finish time and PR! Congratulations, Rick!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

meaghansketch

A.MA.ZING!!  Congratulations on the OA win-- that is tremendous, especially in a distance you haven't AG placed in before.  That sub-40 is looking good for this year.  Hope you enjoy your time on Cloud 9!

LRB

Hope you enjoy your time on Cloud 9!

I wrote the report from the parking lot of the event, so those were all pure and raw thoughts.  I have since climbed down off of my cloud, and have been busy back to life on Earth.  ; )

Seriously though, I am more excited for what being able to run times like this will do for my times in the other race distances than anything else.  The possibilities are beyond anything I could have imagined just a year ago!

Thanks again peeps!

TakeAHike

That is an amazing race LRB.  Your splits were fantastic.  I have no idea what it feels like "to be that guy", but I am glad you had a chance to find out.  You have put in the work and are now reaping the benefits.  Very nice job.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

Hip Redux

YAY!!  Awesome job, LRB!