Beginners and Beyond

Bad Medicine FriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Tom, water on the knee?  And he cannot take it out?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya Dailies...

Tom: Joking Ugh...

4 easy miles with some strides, then it's home to pack and we're off to Zion after DD's last XC race of the season.

See ya!

LRB

Man, I feel so strong today, like I could actually run.  It has forever since I have felt like this, which means I will probably break in half the next time I run!  lol

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom, water on the knee?  And he cannot take it out?

D, the fluid level isn't really all that high, and is absent outside the inner workings of the joint. No bursitis. There is no visible external swelling. Considering the progress it's made over the last 2 weeks, he felt that R&R would be all that was needed. We're still monitoring, of course, but the progress is very positive. 2 weeks ago, it hurt like hell - now, I've been off Ibuprophen for 6 days.

Last night at the pool hall, I squatted down all the way to pick up the rack that had fallen on the floor. It was basically painless. 2 weeks ago, the inflammation was so high that I couldn't even think of doing that!

His biggest concern was making sure that any underlying damage be given time to heal because he feels that the repetitive stress of running is the real issues.

He and I did discuss shoes a bit, and I told him about the lighter "neutral" running shoes I've been using for my long runs, and the almost minimalist shoes that I have been using for racing. I mentioned that the other shoes I've been using have had more cushion to absorb the shock while the really light shoes had less cushion. He liked when I mentioned about overinflating car tires - the mileage improves, but you transfer the shock of every little pebble up into the car's suspension and body. He said that was a good analogy.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Man, I feel so strong today, like I could actually run.  It has forever since I have felt like this, which means I will probably break in half the next time I run!  lol

Hang in there, LRB! Hold yourself together! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

"They" say everyone has a twin...I think I found Damaris', lol.   This lady is one of our recent university alums, in our local public news when she recently got married and got a new job as a teacher.   To me, she looks kinda like Damaris!  Damaris, you been giving out your DNA? Wink

photo damarislook-alike_zpsa4c69018.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I saw on the Weather Channel all that rain Miami is getting, Damaris.  Stay safe!  And keep an eye out for arks.

Sorry you were sick, Hobbit; and probably still are to some degree.  Staying inside is probably smart.  Hope you are back to 100% in no time!

Nice long weekend then for you, Ric!  Hope you get all your stuff done.

Tom, as Damaris said..they can't inject the needle and take the water out of the knee?  Seems like that would promote faster healing. Sorry you can't run for a month..that is one long taper...hope you don't go crazy!

Good luck to your DD, Jack, and after that...safe trip!

Nice comeback for you, LRB!  I am sure you will be your super-speedy self in no time!   And since winter is coming you get to run your super-speedy pace in your superhero speedy tights! Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

"They" say everyone has a twin...I think I found Damaris', lol.   This lady is one of our recent university alums, in our local public news when she recently got married and got a new job as a teacher.   To me, she looks kinda like Damaris!  Damaris, you been giving out your DNA? Wink

photo damarislook-alike_zpsa4c69018.jpg

You must need glasses because she looks nothing like me. Angry

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

There was one ad from Banco Popular in PR that had me.  I mean, not me, but she was identical  I actually had to think hard as to whether I ha. Not participated of the photo shoot and not remember.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

Hey my running friends! Hope everyone is having a fantastic Friday! I know I will be as soon as 5:30pm gets here! Taking my wife out for our 5 year anniversary. Of course at the moment I'm sitting here waiting from a call from her Smile I have 2 dozen roses, chocolates and a Happy Anniversary balloon being sent to her at work Smile

So I'm going to start running again Monday and call it my start the the half marathon training for the Mercedes half in Feb. It will be exactly 12 weeks of training if I start Monday. I am doing the Hal Higdon intermediate with slight modifications of the days I run. Training plan is in my log.

Also,

So a while back I really wanted to start a blog and I caved in and let a friend of mine take over and we created a blog about friends. It never got posted to and just kinda fell to the way side. Well I've decided to start my own and this time I'm sticking to it! I think I'm going to do a paid web hosting so that I can have my own URL instead of having a sub domain. There is a lot of benefits to this and I can get hosting for less than 8 bucks a month. I thought Runningnerd was kinda funny but honestly I hate it now, mainly because the things that made me a nerd I really don't participate in anymore, don't get me wrong I still enjoy my TV and movies and love sci-fi/fantasy but gaming is a thing of the past for me. With all that being said I think I am going to use the URL or a variation of depending on availability. www(dot)adadontherun(dot)com. I think its catchy and I think it relates better than Runningnerd. What you guys/gals think?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

LRB

What you guys/gals think?

I write and the only thing I would say is to find the best free site you can and roll with that.  In writing, there is always the allure of someday getting paid to write, but for the vast majority of us that will never happen.  Most write simply for the love of it, or like running, because we feel better.

In either case you are going to win though so yeah, if you do not mind paying the one hundred bucks a year, then absolutely go for it!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Even after a restless night with Dorian and no run this morning, Rocky and I got our run in this evening, it is so creepy to go running on the trails when the sun has gone down than running the trails just before dawn and the sun is coming up. It was about 45 degrees and windy, I chose to wear my capris, one layer of shirts (long sleeve) and a hat with my headlamp..... oh and gloves. I felt comfortable,even with all the mud out. Freaking images of Silent Hill kept popping in my head though.......... mainly because the whole thing behind the story (or so this stupid new one says) is that Silent Hill was built on top of an ancient Native American burial ground which as we all know every movie that has that story line is full of scary fucked up shit. The Angel Mounds apparently had Native Americans living there at one time so they had probably been through those woods a thousand times (and are probably still out there roaming as spirits). I wish I had some buddies to run with, I wouldn't creep myself out so much lol. Anyways, I was better on my feet this time so that is good.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)