Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins - Perseverance Pays Off (Read 194 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Got out of work on time, and got in a 4.5 mile run, outside.  A little overdressed for 9: 30 pace, but it was pretty nice out.  Still need to get a long run in while its warm if I can get DW to slow down a bit.  Hope you all are getting the nice weather too.

Bin Running

Tomas, we have pretty much hot and humid weather... So rain is sometimes a welcome to all the heat.. Much like Florida.. Only hotter.. Maybe more like Mexico..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Not much time, worked 6p-6a last night, and had to be back at 2p today. EVERYTHING seems in a hurry today. 5 hours sleep is not good for me, and feeling rushed makes it worse. I tried to do 6-7 x 1000's on Monday, but did the first 3 too fast so I had to bail on the rest, still managed 5.1 miles though. No running today bc of work schedule, and I hope for 7-8 tomorrow with 3-4 at somewhere around HM pace.

Mickey, Happy Birthday!

Scrape, glad you stopped in to say hello.

Traci, I got a chuckle out of the Lysol comment, sorry you are still feeling bad.

Tori, March will be here before you know it!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Happy b-day MNMICKEY!

I didn't read all of the posts Undecided.  Maybe I can after dinner.

Anyway, speed work on the treadmill isn't nearly as bad as just running on one.  5 miles flew by.  It was awesome.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Sloooow.

Happy birthday, MNMickey!

Glad you had a great treadmill run, Awood!

Jerry,  sounds like a nice couple of miles, glad you are having some nice weather

Traci- sorry you are still feeling dreadful Sad The Lysol comment cracked me up too.

URD for me. Feel horrible, this lingering bug just wont go. Spent most of the day with face pain, clogged sinuses, headache, all that crap. My legs feel a bit better today, so I'm aiming for 2 miles tomorrow. Unlikely I will hit 10 miles again this week, so I'm aiming for 7. Didn't feel like cooking, so Biscoff cookies and coffee for "dinner".

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Super busy at work and court today (in fact, all week).  But I managed to run my 8 miles with 10 X 100m strides.

Have a nice night!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Missed that..

Happy Birthday MNMICKEY..!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Hey guys! Yesterday was a rest day and today I ran 4.5 wonderful soul cleansing and mind clearing miles... off to catch up on the thread.

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Good morning, Penguins!  Hope you have a great Tuesday!  3 miles later for me today.  Trying to catch up on the full night of sleep I lost the night before last, so I did not get up early to run this morning.

Gustav, thanks for getting us started.  Good for you on all the time you are spending on exercise!  I especially like your post workout activity!

Vance, enjoy the 4 trail miles later!  That's something I want to find and try.  I do all of my runs on the many rural roads near my house.  I need to find a trail and branch out for some variety!

A quick story from yesterday - a mom at my school came in the office yesterday to pick up a absence request form for her daughter because she is running the Disney Marathon.  I remarked that my DH and I would like to run a Disney race sometime.  She then asked if I was a runner, and I told her that I was just a beginner, having been running just over a year, and that I just ran my first half in December.  She looked at me and told me that I wasn't a beginner anymore if I had run a half, and that I needed to be proud of my accomplishments.  It was such a nice surprise to have someone who I consider a "real runner" tell me that.   Then of course, she talked to me about how I too could run a marathon, and for the first time, I started thinking that maybe someday I could.

Have a great day!

That is so awesome! She is right though, you aren't a beginner anymore and you are a runner.  You should be proud of your accomplishments, not everyone can say they can run 13.1 miles!

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

happy bday MNMicky!

So, I now have a pins and needles sensation all down my leg. Did I overdo the foam rolling? Ugh enough already, no more pain!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, MNMickey!Clown

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page