Beginners and Beyond

Does this appeal to anyone? (Read 194 times)

It feels hot, but nothing like your body trying to cool itself down and not being able to that kills you.

Yes.  One of the more amazing things I remember from my year in Tampa was rain falling out of a clear sky, just because there was that much moisture in the air.

Docket_Rocket

Hehe.  I bet you that was morning.  In Puerto Rico, it's so humid your makeup melts off the face on your way to the car.  Not that you would wear makeup, mind you, unless you do....

Yes.  One of the more amazing things I remember from my year in Tampa was rain falling out of a clear sky, just because there was that much moisture in the air.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

Hehe.  I bet you that was morning.  In Puerto Rico, it's so humid your makeup melts off the face on your way to the car.  Not that you would wear makeup, mind you, unless you do....

I'm having this awful dread of summer building. Our dew points and humidity are similar here in the summer, to Miami. We do tend to have some kind of seasonal break though, unlike you all.

Still, never gonna run in silly temps.

Walk-Jogger

That happened to me when I was driving just outside of Galveston in the Republic of Texas one time on business. One minute the sky was clear blue, the sun was shining, it was a nice (hot) day, and next thing you know, the sky was falling and I could not even see through the windshield of my rental car. All I could do was stop right where I was, in the roadway and wait it out. Maybe I do have a few vague memories of heat and humidity...

Retired &  Loving It

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Glad to see this thread has turned into a "Bitching about the weather" thread and its only mid April.

Carry on.

You people have issues 

Docket_Rocket

I am glad somebody is bitching with me rather than me bitching alone.  I am glad all of you are suffering like me, LOL.

I saw dewpoint today.  Frizzy hair, I had it during my run.  Just glad one of my lungs didn't collapse this time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Glad to see this thread has turned into a "Bitching about the weather" thread and its only mid April.

Carry on.

i put on tights this am to run and it was in the 50's I was getting ready for summer heat Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Village people

Carry on.

Didn't you hear? Summer is canceled.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Didn't you hear? Summer is canceled.

Not cancelled, you just missed it. It was one day with a high of 85F and now we're back to the 40s.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

We've been in the mid 90s several times already but this past week has been very nice low 80s.  Next week back into the mid 90s though.

You people have issues 

SheCan

hahaha@ the dry heat, humidity debate!  I've lived in Phx area and in south Alabama (thank goodness not S. Florida) in the summer, and neither one was pleasant in the summer.  Humidity is a killer;  I can't breath in that thick air!  All the plants and everything seems to hold  a blanket of moisture.

In Phx so much of the problem is the constant sun and all the concrete, which seems to radiate the heat like a ceramic heater.  The difference between shade-feel (if you can find any) and sun-feel is extreme, as is the difference between 100* & 115*.  

I'm a whimp and wouldn't do a race in either climate in the summer!  Dead

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Hip Redux

hahaha@ the dry heat, humidity debate!

Comparing 115 degree dry heat and 95 and humid is like comparing which way you'd like to poke your eye - with an ice pick or a knife.    When it comes down to it, both are pretty shitty options.

Comparing 115 degree dry heat and 95 and humid is like comparing which way you'd like to poke your eye - with an ice pick or a knife.    When it comes down to it, both are pretty shitty options.

Dry heat isnt so bad. find some shade, misting fan and a cold beer or 12 and life is good.

Humid- find inside, an AC, and a cold beer or 12.

use the ice pick to break up the ice for the cooler and the knife to cut limes Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Hip Redux

Dry heat isnt so bad. find some shade, misting fan and a cold beer or 12 and life is good.

Humid- find inside, an AC, and a cold beer or 12.

use the ice pick to break up the ice for the cooler and the knife to cut limes Smile

Now that's an event I think we can get behind.  Cool

Buelligan

I'd do it.  Running in one of the hottest and most humid parts of Georgia,  I consider myself a hot weather runner.  Not because I'm so good at it, but because most people are so bad at it.

The lack of humidity would be something new, that's for sure.