Beginners and Beyond

Red, White & Blue ThursDAILIES! (Read 40 times)

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Wednesday: 8 miles 1:21:36 - 10:12 avg. pace - easy + dead lifts / squats / curls / leg extention / calf raises / flyes / incline & decline & overhead dumbell. Stopped in gym during my run + mile cool down. Interesting run as I got started later than usual and then stopped during the middle [double?] to hit the gym for 30 minutes before finishing my run. During the last mile my sister calls me and tells me she wants to visit. I knew she was on vacation with her fiance but last I heard they were in VA. We met for dinner, introductions, catching up & goodbyes before they head back South.

I have a morning meeting with the New Albany Challenge race management team to go over aid station support which I'll be administrating later this month. The arch of my left foot is feeling the effects of those dead lifts yesterday so I might have to nurse it till tomorrow. Taking the boys to the big fireworks display downtown this evening. Run inspired!

When she said motorhome I wasn't expecting a 40' bus!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

LRB

Man that is a nice rig Mike!  I can smell the newness of the interior all the way up here!  lol

Hope the hoof feels better!

As for me, I have decided to take a 7 day respite from running beginning Monday, for no other reason than including a rest period as a part of training.

Having run my ass off for the better part of 8 months consecutively, I just think a complete week off will serve me well as marathon training looms in the not so distant future.

I have actually been running reduced mileage the past four weeks so to cap it with a voluntary break is something I think will tie it all together nicely.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Nice pic, Moth!

6-8 miles for me tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Good morning, team. I'm heading out for 8 with some varying paces.

delicate flower

Moth, LRB, and Docket:  WHAT IT DO!

Four day weekend is underway.  You will all be happy to know that I slept 9.5 hours last night.  I am about to head out for a very warm and humid run.  Really not looking forward to this....

<3

LRB

WHAT IT DO!

It did 4!

And my advice for the humid run; wear the shortest shorts and skimpiest top you have. 

happylily

Good morning!

I decided to take my Hanson's Wednesday rest day after all. I'm trying not to drive myself into the ground this time around.

10 miles after work tonight. Done this morning: 40-30-20-10 regular push-ups, with 2 minute rest intervals. I'll stretch 15-20 minutes sometime during the day. So boring...

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I just came in to an email from the big honcho (one step lower than the president, mind you) that we are leaving an hour early so THIS MADE MY DAY!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

IT'S PHIL'S BIRTHDAY!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.  I'm doing nuthin'....just chillin and resting up for my upcoming 3 races over the next 3 days.

Nice photo, Moth!  Enjoy the fireworks tonite.  Hope your foot feels better.

Enjoy the week off, LRB! Happy 4th!

Happy miles tonite, Damaris, hope Arthur is behaving for you.

Nice to have a 4-day weekend, Baboon, enjoy!

Good luck with the 10, Lily.  Are you still having a heat wave?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

And my advice for the humid run; wear the shortest shorts and skimpiest top you have.  

Wore the lightest stuff I have.  Unfortunately all my singlets are in the wash.  6.25 miles at 9:21 pace.  It was brutal.    I wanted to do 8 but I got detoured on account of a bear on the rail trail.  So I did an about face and just headed home.  I'll try to do a few more miles later today.

IT'S PHIL'S BIRTHDAY!

HOORAY!  Shower me with love and affection!!!!

<3

Docket_Rocket

even running naked, IT WON'T DO YOU ANY GOOD.  It will only prevent you from dying.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

even running naked, IT WON'T DO YOU ANY GOOD.  It will only prevent you from dying.

75 degrees, 85% humidity, 70 dew point.  Need to get used to that.  At least it wasn't too hot.

<3

HOORAY!  Shower me with love and affection!!!!

How about just a happy birthday. Happy birthday!

Off day from running, but decided to go to yoga before work this morning, for the first time in forever. Definitely a bit out of practice.

Working today, but a pretty light turnout here; I have a feeling I will be going home early. Maybe will make a much-needed trip after work to the LRS for some shoe shopping. My two active shoes in rotation have 518 & 529 miles on them. (For some reason I feel compelled to put 11 more miles on the first one.) Probably will keep it simple & just replace them with the exact same ones.

Have a good day everyone, don't work too hard. Or at all.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

75 degrees, 85% humidity, 70 dew point.  Need to get used to that.  At least it wasn't too hot.

I am actually jealous of your weather.

Damaris

Fundraising Page