Beginners and Beyond

My cat calls went from.... (Read 229 times)

Just B.S.

Nothing, not even a you suck.

Are all the women in your city sight impaired?

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Nothing, not even a you suck.

Promise you won't get upset if I yell this at you?

In transit, arriving on time. 

Rungry!

I’ve concluded that no one has the heart to hassle me when I run; I must look as pitiable as I feel Sad

Jen

Love the Half

Never had a cat call, per se, but keeping with the theme of teenagers:

Major positive karma for spelling "per se" correctly rather than "per say."

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

Promise you won't get upset if I yell this at you?

It may not even register.  Now come speeding from behind, make a right-hand turn and cut me off as I am about to run into the intersection, and an f bomb might coming flying your way, ha!

Totally my number one running pet peeve, ugh.

I was running on a sidewalk this man whistled at me and when I turned (should haveignored him but he startled me) he LICKED HIS LIPS and said, "mmmmm you're gonna be running through my dreams tonight." Oh brother!

Wait- that's not a good line???

I need some new game I guess Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Aside from that, I never get any cat calls. My TM is a well-behaved machine. :-)

If you want to hand out your number and put your phone on speaker phone we can say stuff to you. You shouldn't feel left out.

Tomas

Tomas

Luke79

Just the usual "Run Forrest!" from the idiots that think this is original humor.  Most likely these are the same people that will say "Beam me up Scotty" and then look confused when I don't fall over laughing.

I understand.  Those are the same people that say "I am your father".  I stopped politely fake laughing like 10 years ago.

Luke79

As far as cat call things...I did have a group of douchebags drive by once and one of them just went "WHOOOOOOOOO" really loud.  I guess he was being cool.  I remember the days I suppose.

Nothing recently.  I average like one vehicle encounter a mile out here, and it's usually a dude in a pickup who'd fit right in on Duck Dynasty.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

The cat calls I get are mostly in Spanish and they are very hard to translate.  They are super lame, so you have not missed much.

Some are like:

"If you cook like you run, I would eat the scraps too."

Or

"Is all of that yours?"

WTF?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

D, you made me laugh out loud!

D, you made me laugh out loud!

This.

Tomas

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

HA!

Wait- that's not a good line???

I need some new game I guess Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to