Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Let's do this! (Read 46 times)

Zelanie

First 13.1 miler since my half last April done!  It was one of those great runs where every mile feels really good.  I ran it as a progression so I took it really, really easy on the first half, and of course the last mile was the fastest.  6 weeks until my HM. Smile

outoftheblue

SRD for me.

I totally excited about the number of forumites racing this weekend.  I can't wait to hear how everyone did and read the race reports.

GOOD LUCK RUNNERS!!!!!!!

Life is good.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My post is gone again.

I did 10.2 early this am.

Marjorie

Hip Redux

I want to come run with you!

Come on over!  The rail trail is very pretty in the fall.

18 miles on the bike tonight.  Perfect weather out for a bike ride, though a tad windy.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

I didn't run today but I did 4 easy yesterday 8:40s pace incredibly even throughout, though I wasn't looking at my watch.  Indication of a true easy run is when it has a nice rhythm like that.  Leg is feeling good but still running only every other day and alternating with swim days.  Today I actually lifted and did the rowing machine.  Feels good.

As a side note, I still hate slow running.  It's incredibly boring and I listen to podcasts the whole time and think about engaging my glutes and hamstrings and getting my arm swing right.  But going slow is so lousy... oh well, only 8 more weeks to speed...

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Hi dailies:
              Rick - sometimes first is worst, but Andrew is gonna kill it.

Kristin - have fun

D^2 - good 8

Free - busy morning

Baboon - good luck!

Scotty - that was very sweet of you, what a great good deed for the day.  (And the laser pointer cat is a dead ringer for my Si, lol)

D - safe travels

Beth - looking forward to the report

Robert - quick n' dirty

Redrum - gotta get that powerup ;p

Taperrrr - Heck yeah, get some!

Hobbit - good Friday to you as well

Zelanie - haha, runners in costumes, suspicious?  Naaaah.  (Except for the Canadian ones, eh? Musta been some hosers carryin' Molsons in their fuel belts!)

Step - glad you could run out the frustration

B+ - safe travels as well

Oski - you're moving so fast that you're just a blur.  Nice.

OOTB - yup, lots of big RR's coming up!

Marjorie - good 10.2

Scap - without slow, there would not be fast.  Or something.  Hope you can get back to it asap.

Listening to some Pantera with the volume set to "obnoxious" because a co-worker really ticked me off by complaining about something that he should be grateful for.   Maybe some miles in the dark in a bit, still undecided.  :headbang:

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

600 miles in the car today, with 3.5 additional miles on foot, 9:18 pace.

We've got an FE tomorrow morning up here in Cleveland where we were going to have a number of people running in the Towpath Marathon (also a half and 10K), but since that event was taking place in a federal park, they had to postpone it.

Been up since 03:30 this morning, and I'm pretty worn out. It'll probably be an early night for me.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Enjoy the Towpath FE, Tom.

We are on the plane!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

In 3 weeks I'll be up in Indy, getting ready to attempt to break last weekend's PR. Good luck to all runners who are racing this weekend, hope the weather is great for you guys, and if it isn't then you are even more hard core for running in it anyways Smile

Zelanie that is great to hear you had an awesome 13.1 mile run!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

Zel - Hooray on the 13.1.  Big grin  You are prepared for that HM!

Marjorie - it's a conspiracy.  Do you post from a phone or computer?  I can't post from my phone at all... doesn't work for me.

Scap - I am mildly amused that 8:40 is slow running for you.  That's like my 5k pace.  LOL

Have fun this weekend Tom!

D- Yay!  Almost there!

Jay - I prefer Tool when I'm feeling really angry.  Tongue

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I do enjoy me some Tool, but even when I am not angry Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Doh.  Hope you made it.  See you later!

Any meetups happening? If you guys are anywhere close to where I'll be tmw, I may just have to stop in and say hello.