Beginners and Beyond

Asleep at the Wheel SaturDAILIES (Read 36 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

4 miles worth of intervals at the track.  Got up waaaaay too late and had to do it all in the sun. (ugh)  I really need to go to bed earlier!!!

Anyway, turned out well anyway.  Local high school team on the football field for pre season so good reason for me to keep my chin up.  Gotta show those kids old guys can still "git er dun!" Wink

I love doing mine at the college track when they're practicing. My dream is that one day the coach will make one of them try to keep up with me as punishment ha. Nice job getting your track work done in the sun!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Ended up with 5 on the trail today. The weather was unseasonably cool today, so the run was quite pleasant. The pooch made some friends today too.

meaghansketch

Hi everyone!

14 mile progression run for me this morning-- 7 easy / 7 increasing to half marathon pace.  I was kind of dreading this workout but it went well.

Just B.S.

Never in a zillion years did I think I would hear myself say " I just swan 2.2 km in a lake and it felt easy" but yup it did

Then 14 miles on the highway to test out my new  tri bars. Now rest  time until tomorrow's 15 miler.

js22 good  luck Tomorrow!!'

LRB

I gave out my first piece of unsolicited advice to another runner today, by noting that her shoelaces were untied.

The nerve of you, she probably thinks you are a tool.

We had breakfast at 9:00 am (CST), then I drove six straight hours from Arkansas until the gas guage was in the red.  I went inside a gas station and asked the clerk what state I was in.  She said "Excuse me?"  I repeated the question then added that I had been on the road since morning.  Relieved that I was not from another galaxy, she said Illinois.  To which I almost did a back flip in shock having driven through Missouri without A; not ever knowing when I crossed into it, and B; not knowing when I left!

Anyhoo, after missing a left hand turn at Albuquerque, I am now sitting in stop and go traffic (on a Saturday!) somewhere in Indiana about an hour behind schedule.  Where exactly, I have no flipppin' idea!

I can faintly see the image of a big ole' wine bottle in the sky however, and I am heading straight for it!

delicate flower

Brick workout done!  20 mile bike ride at 16.6 mph with wife, 5K run at 7:58 pace solo.  Moderate effort the whole way.  Not killing myself on the bike makes for a faster run.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

10k time ended up at 50:30, a bit faster than expected or intended, but it felt good. A bit of a push, but not all out race effort.

Finally had time to sit down and double-check my splits. I was running this with just a Timex, rather than my Garmin, because the Garmin wouldn't reset this morning. Splits: 8:07, 8:03, 7:50, 8:25, 8:09, last 1.2 in 9:53. I'm not sure if miles 3 and 4 were slightly mismarked, or if being sub-8 on Mile 3 resulted in the slow-down in Mile 4. I was just running what felt like a comfortably hard pace, a bit faster than HMP, and never felt my breathing get out of control. There was a guy I have talked to at a few races, who is usually around my pace anyway, who fell in beside me about a mile in, and we just ran together for the rest of it, though he did have more speed in the last hundred yards than I could muster.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Shari!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

WTG Shari!!!!! Awesome race!!

LRB hope u don't end up in Canada, those people are nuts!!

Docket_Rocket

LOL, Beth.  I heard he DID make a wrong turn.  Expect him by your house around dinner time.

My 6 miles were hot (97F, sunny, 74DP, not bad but kill me now) but my fastest in months.  Go figure.  Next stop, Badwater.  Can December be here already?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi dailies:

Step - good job on the 10K

Kristin - safe travels

Beth - oy, too soon for fall!

Rick - at least she knew what state you were in, physically if not mentally

Oski - hurtlocker.com Sad

Tom - hope the 12-14 went well

Marjorie - did the instructions require a hammer?

D - "can December be here already?" NO.  Not unless you want to trade climates when it rolls around.

Hobbit - hiking with the dog sounds like a good day

Zelanie - week done for the weekend

B+ - cherry coke, yay.  If she was not thankful that you pointed out an untied shoelace, shame on her.

SIAR - ah, that sucks that no pace group really formed, but it's the thought that counts.

jjs - you're going to race in the aftermath of that? eek.

Ric-G - good 16

Burrrn - congrats on breaking the 20 barrier!

redrum - hah

D^2 - shit.  I'm doing a mile on Thursday, and it better not be tougher than a HM, lol.

Meaghan - well done on the progression

Baboon - good workout

10.4 easy, another flurry of races starts tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Don't mind if I do, Jay!

Damaris

Fundraising Page