Beginners and Beyond

My dream of the Boston Marathon (yes, an RR) (Read 222 times)

happylily

George, Dave, makk9898, Rondog65, MarjorieAnn (nice to see you!), Dave, JackK, Hey Doc, Mitch (your 1st? Yeah!), Ami (your turn is coming soon. :-)), B-Plus (Hope to see you next year!), Zentastic, Beth, tracilynn, camille2, April, Longboat (are you doing better?), mary (yes, let's make it happen, enough talking about it!), bluesky, Ginny, Mike (I think I saw you at the 20k clock, with your DW, but my pacer didn't want me to slow down to say hi. After he stopped himself to kiss half of greater Boston minutes before. The nerve!!!), Philliefan, One2Run (good luck in Ottawa!), Amy, Di, Luke, fourouta5 (thanks for all your mental help before the race. You really helped me calm down. :-)), workinprogress11 (I don't see here often enough. Miss you.), Sparker, Brad (I missed my chance of meeting you at the finish line. I'll never be that close again to you, I'm sure..lol...), Goo (dear friend, such an inspiration to us all, you are!), Damaris (let's meet in Chicago, please!), Jay (I'm so glad you had such a great race. I hope to read about it soon!), irishguy, Fuzzy, Bin Running, Randy (come on... admit you like the TM..lol), MrNamtor, Motormouse (how have you been, down under?), Scotty (thank you for always being so kind to me. :-)), Paul (Wish you were here more often), Dreamn (yes, LRs on the TM. 24 miles was my longest..lol...), Bruce (Good luck! I'll be thinking about you!), Phil, Pink (you are always so cheeful!), Linda, zfish, Cherie, Scott, Rick (I'll play dumb and pretend that was a compliment...lol...), runwell3 (thank you again so much for writing me. I hope you are doing better),  PragmaticRnnr, Suze (yes, if you ever have a chance to run with P., grab it! :-)), T.O. (you were simply the best, whatever you say. :-) Thank you again so much!), kristin, Amy (I'm so glad you were not there!), Taylor, zoekat and Hilary (sweetie, thank you so much for all your work that day. You are an angel!)................ Guys, you are the best ever. So much support and friendship I've received from you throughout the years... Thank you all for taking the time to read my RR!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Yes, let's finally meet!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Oh, and I apologize for all the stupid errors in my RR. I wrote it quickly in a loud hotel lobby and I did not proofread it. Gait became gate, splits were called paces, etc... Since I'm OCD and try so hard whenever I write English, it really bothered me for hours while driving, after I left the hotel. LOL... Anyway, I'm sorry! Big grin

happylily

Yes, let's finally meet!

You betcha!

Buelligan

Wow.... 3:27:45.  I'm impressed.

Faster than Oprah!

happylily

Wow.... 3:27:45.

Faster than Oprah.

Grrrr....

Big grin

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Great race happylily! I knew you could really crush one with some more consistent pacingJoking. That's good that T.O. could help you with that. Enjoy Ottawa.

I saw a girl with a "Kiss me, I'm 19" sign and thought to myself "Now why would someone rather kiss a 19 yo girl, instead of running 26.2 miles with a 47 yo woman???" LOL... After his round of kisses, T.O. was back by my side and we continued on our journey. 

<raises hand> hahaBlush. When I run Boston I'm going to have a hard time going past that section.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Oh, and I apologize for all the stupid errors in my RR. I wrote it quickly in a loud hotel lobby and I did not proofread it. Gait became gate, splits were called paces, etc... Since I'm OCD and try so hard whenever I write English, it really bothered me for hours while driving, after I left the hotel. LOL... Anyway, I'm sorry! Big grin

Never noticed. I was too enraptured by what you wrote.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Faster than Oprah!

faster than far better runners than Oprah.

Zelanie

What a dream race it was for you, for sure!  You're almost collecting BQs like Scottydog collects races!  Congratulations.

tinman11

Beautiful race report Lily!

It's nice to hear about the emotions you had throughout the entire experience.

I appreciate you sharing..........

BenTN

What a dreamy RR! Very well done.

You are such a strong runner, congrats on an amazing performance.  And given the tragedy that followed, we all pray for the victims, and be thankful that those that are responsible are being brought to justice.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.