Beginners and Beyond

Are you racing this weekend? (January 12-13) (Read 242 times)

Good luck!

Good luck, runners!

bobruns

No racing for me this weekend but I do have a meeting in Lake Buena Vista of all places.   It's going to be crazy crowded with all the runners there this weekend.  I don't know what my work was thinking.  They know better.  They asked me if I wanted a hotel and then was pretty happy when I said no since things are pretty booked up. 

Have fun runners!!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yes, first track meet of the indoor season on Sunday. I plan to double in the mile and 800m.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Yes!  I'm doing the Disney Half Marathon on Saturday AND the Disney Marathon on Sunday.  I cannot wait.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

monkkey

Good luck everyone!

I am going out to a fatass (free unsanctioned race) on Long Island Saturday.  The loops are 5 miles (up to 10 for 50 miles, ha) and I will probably do 15, maybe 20.

On Sunday I have the Central Park 10 Miler.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Disney Full on Sun 1/13.  My first marathon.  Nervous as all get up.  May need some Bad Ass to tone me down, lol.

flarunner

Nope, not racing; but good races to all y'all who are!

Docket_Rocket

Good thing Bad Ass will be at the same location.  Or so the rumors say....

Disney Full on Sun 1/13.  My first marathon.  Nervous as all get up.  May need some Bad Ass to tone me down, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Doing my 5th event of the year, the "Resolve For a Better San Antonio 5K" put on by the Junior League of San Antonio.  Most of the course is on the San Antonio Riverwalk, so plan to take it pretty easy, as there is not all that much room on the Riverwalk, and just have fun and take lots of photos.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

bluerun

Super B****

Well, I'm running a ten mile race, yes.  But I'm not going to be racing it, since I haven't run ten miles since September 2011.  (The AlterG doesn't count.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Snickers1230

Good luck to everyone racing!

I have a 5K on Saturday.  But I'm running it with a friend to help her out so I won't be racing for a pr or anything.  She needs a little encouragement Smile

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

delicate flower

Nice.  Best of luck to you!

Good luck to everyone else as well.  Smile

<3

Token Fat Guy

I think I'm doing my first 10K on Saturday.  I'm running my first half in February and it dawned on me today that I should probably do a 10K beforehand - and Saturday is the last 10K in Phoenix in January.  Since I don't feel like driving down to Tucson for one, and I don't want to wait until two weeks out from the HM , I guess this is it.

The bonus is that I know I'm going to set a PR. Big grin

5K - 29:29 10K - 1:07:52 13.1 - 2:28:36

DentingPavement.com

You Rang?

Disney Half on 1/12/13 for me and the Mickey Mile kid race for my ten year old daughter.  My not so little kid says that when the gun goes off she is going to scream and just start chasing some little kid.  Should be fun!

I'm going to figure out just how bad my ass is.  I can tell you that after spending 6 hours in an American Airlines coach seat, my ass hurts pretty bad.

Rick

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Ball of Fury

I will be done there with the Bad Ass and the Nervous Nelly (sorry 4out5, couldn't resist) running my first marathon as well!  Really looking forward to it, but praying for a freak cold snap to blow through!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15