Beginners and Beyond

Tip of the DAILIES (Read 45 times)

StepbyStep-SH

LRB - Do you get Running Times? They had an article a couple of issues back about getting the glutes to fire. I wish I could tell you which issue, but I can't find mine right now. Sad It's something I hope to work on with bodyweight exercises over the summer - if I could just find the article again.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

I found this one, but I think there was something longer and more involved.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

Thanks (I think??? ) to LRB, I did some basic strength exercises for the first time in months and months and months and months. It was really lame.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Well, crud

AM

4 miler was a no-go.   Had shizz to get done and by the time I had it all wrapped up it was damn near 2 pm!   Farg, hate it when that happens.

PM

7 miles total is a combo of (3000, 2000, 1000 & 500 hard runs) + cool down etc...  tough! but feel great now.

Zelanie

It's like the price is right- closest time without going over, right?  I'll bid one hour. 

Got home today and my new shoes were here.  Trying Saucony Rides for a slightly higher drop and a bit more cushion.  Took them out for a nice 8.2- felt good!  They felt really squishy!  I'm tempted to return the other pair of Kinvaras that I got and get a second pair of Rides, but I'll wear them a few times before making that call.

In the interesting sights of the day- there is a bench downtown where the drunks hang out.  The city hasn't mowed the field around it, so the grass is up close to my height now (breaking its own ordinance about fire safety, but what can you do?).  Apparently the drunks had had enough and were taking matters into their own hands- one guy was out there mowing a spot around the bench so that they could hang out in the grass like they're used to doing.