Beginners and Beyond

22-year old young man killed while jogging (Read 143 times)

Philliefan33

Those 3 teens should all get the death penalty..and at the sentencing the judge can say "I'm bored myself, I need fry 3 thugs"..and you're it

+1.  Unfortunately I don't think OK is a death-penalty state.

ETA:  Just checked, there is a death penalty in OK.  But since the perps are juveniles, they probably aren't eligible.

From the Internet.

+1.  Unfortunately I don't think OK is a death-penalty state.

ETA:  Just checked, there is a death penalty in OK.  But since the perps are juveniles, they probably aren't eligible.

They are being tried as adults, so it's possible.

delicate flower

Such a sad story.  Sad  I wonder when the NRA will make a statement saying this could have been prevented if all baseball players were armed.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It is sad that our youth are growing up with thoughts like this in mind, it's not a black or white thing but a problem with the value of life. Children are growing up pretty much alone, their parents either working themselves to death just to keep the home, or ignoring their children completely, a broken home is no better where the parents are constantly fighting and arguing, or worse and actually abusing the children. And sometimes even a child coming from an upstanding family will make dumb decisions. My brother is/was one, we grew up with just our mom, father not giving a shit about us (he was jealous that mom was trying to take care of us and not him). We were a tight family though, the 5 of us very close and yet around the teen years my brother just changed. He started skipping school with friends who were once good kids with a future, smoking weed and drinking, stealing, then onto other drugs I'll never know about, by the time he was 16 he had been in boy school. He wasn't out of this boy school in Logansport for a year when he and a couple of friends decided (while drinking and on pills) to go out and walk around. One of them thought "hey, let's rob someone" so they robbed a newspaper guy, my brother hit him over the head with a vodka bottle (glass) and they took $4 from him....... FOUR FREAKING DOLLARS, the cops were called, they ran but got caught. My brother spent 6 months in jail, and then 2 years in prison. He's been struggling since, still living with my mom who basically enables him, and just a few weeks ago my mom decided to use $2,500 that she could have made a down payment on a house to rent and then the rest put back for payments and they could have gotten out of that tiny house I grew up in that is now a fire hazard, but she chose to put it as a down payment on a car for my brother. He didn't have it a week, a guy he knew broke into the house, stole the money he kept there (most likely from selling weed) so my brother was pissed and went out to a part of Evansville we call Dogtown with a shotgun and a friend. They were drinking, shooting the gun off and then headed back home, my brother was driving 50 mph down a dark road with woods not 2 feet from the road when deer ran out in front of him, he wrapped that car around a tree. The medics told him normally they're picking the dead person out of the car in a situation like that, but he was alive and needed stitches in his head. His first thought before heading out there was finding the guy and killing him, I guess maybe this one was better.... he threw the shotgun into the woods before medics and a sheriff came, otherwise he'd be back in prison. So far he's been doing okay, but I don't think his luck will ever change.

Sadly, people aren't focusing on their children or trying to ensure they aren't influenced by idiots on t.v, I've watched the last few generations from my brother's to now just crumble. On average they have no value for life or others, and what's worse is they get away with so much because if you spank or get onto them you'll be the one in trouble. Okay I am rambling on and on, I am so sorry for what happened to this Australian guy, and I hope they get the worse punishment the judge can think of.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

I am surprised you even made it that far.  I was sort of dumbfounded at the first one!   The sad thing is these kids probably did not care if the guy was black or white or alien or whatever, they were just out to kill.   But of course, a bunch of adults have to spend their time bickering  on the ABC news site about race/conspiracy theories involving little to no factual information...

I stand corrected.

:smacks head:

You Rang?

They are being tried as adults, so it's possible.

The Supreme Court says that juveniles are not eligible to receive capital punishment.  Roper v. Simmons, 543 U.S. 551 (2005).

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Daves_Not_Here

Sadly, people aren't focusing on their children or trying to ensure they aren't influenced by idiots on t.v,

And this is where it all begins. When I was "foster parenting", the kids I took in all thought it was very weird that I insisted we all sit at the dinner table together...and have conversation. They thought it was weird that I took them shopping and showed them how to comparison shop. They thought it weird that I insisted they learn how to set a table properly, how to cook and do laundry.

Hell...my mother taught me how to sew by the age of 12...WTF happened?