Beginners and Beyond

Disney Princess Runners.....who is going? (Read 99 times)

Ball of Fury

Lilac:  I definitely wouldn't walk from DTD to Coronado...it's not safe.  You could actually park at any park or DTD and take the Disney buses to Coronado Springs, whichever is more convenient for you. 

Beth:  The WWoHP is really cool!  The frozen Butterbeer is so good...very sweet though.

I am so jealous of you Princess runners!  Have a great time!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Just B.S.

Lilac:  I definitely wouldn't walk from DTD to Coronado...it's not safe.  You could actually park at any park or DTD and take the Disney buses to Coronado Springs, whichever is more convenient for you. 

Beth:  The WWoHP is really cool!  The frozen Butterbeer is so good...very sweet though.

I am so jealous of you Princess runners!  Have a great time!

Thanks Ami, I think I'm more excited about WWoHP than the race! Our boys are 21 and 23 and grew up

on HP. We read all the books and saw all the movies together. I think they are a little jealous that I"m

going!LOL

Ball of Fury

My 9-year old is a huge HP fan so I took him over for a day in September.  He is on book 6 and has seen all the movies and was so excited.  He was picked for the wand show at Ollivander's and the wand got to choose him (of course, I then had to pay around $50 for this chosen wand) and it was the highlight of our trip!  Have a great time!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Jess runs for bacon

I just bought a crap ton of tulle to make my own tutu Smile

Just B.S.

I just bought a crap ton of tulle to make my own tutu Smile

Fun!!!

I am 51 years old and will be wearing a tutu for the very first time that day!LOL

Jess runs for bacon

Fun!!!

I am 51 years old and will be wearing a tutu for the very first time that day!LOL

I'm two months shy of 30 and it shall also be my first. I am beyond excited Smile Although, to be fair, I think I am more excited to make it. Got some green too to make one for Shamrock. It will also be my first time wearing a tiara.

OF COURSE I'M PRETTY I AM A PRINCESS AND THIS IS MY TIARA!!!!!

(big bang theory line)

Just B.S.

Ummm yeah, 10 years of racing and I have never done  a race  in a costume.

Now I find myself dressing in a tutu and come September I will be running a marathon in a costume

with a cow theme.

One must never say never!Big grin

Strict WTF adherent

I'll be there to pace my wife.

She's in corral B. Because Disney likes to sandbag those of us with different junk, I'm in corral C. So instead of having her move back to start with me, she's going to start off with a pace group and I'm going to try to catch them. This should be interesting.

Anyone know how far apart the corrals are released?

Just B.S.

She's in corral B. Because Disney likes to sandbag those of us with different junk, I'm in corral C. So instead of having her move back to start with me, she's going to start off with a pace group and I'm going to try to catch them. This should be interesting.

It's my first one so I have no idea.  I am a 2 hr half marathoner so that 's what I put on my registration

BUT the girl we are running with is a slowish runner and doing her first half AND just hurt her back.

I am thinking we will take about 3 hrs, helping her get through and photo ops etc.

I'm sure they won't have a problem with me moving back, will they???

Jess runs for bacon

ROFL!

Beth, you can go down to a slower corral, but you can't move up. I have no idea how far apart they are but if I'm reading all the blogs right everyone is through by 6ish.

Just B.S.

ROFL!

Beth, you can go down to a slower corral, but you can't move up. I have no idea how far apart they are but if I'm reading all the blogs right everyone is through by 6ish.

That's what I figured.

When we registered I had no idea what kind of pace my friend's sister would be able to run. So I just put in

my own time, with the intention of moving back. My friend  and their Father are both are 1:45 1/2 marathoners

so I thought maybe her sister would be fast too.........but she isn't!LOL

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

For the Disney Full last month the corals were released about 8 min apart. The full had 7 or 8 corals so it took those in G almost 45 min to work their way to the starting line. Figure about the same time.

Princess half is the same start line as the Full last month and the walk from Epcot was not bad at all.  The announcer called for the early corals (Ok runners... Coral A & B please proceed...) which helped to stagger the crowd walking away from the staging areas.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I'm in corral A which I found positively hysterical until I looked up last years results.

Just B.S.

I'm in corral A which I found positively hysterical until I looked up last years results.

I would have finished 486th last year!LOL

Just B.S.

Well what do you know about that?

After the talk today I just got the email! Maybe Disney was watching and said "we better get

our shit together" Nah!!LOL