Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday DAILIES (Read 54 times)

flarunner

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

flarunner

Mornin' All!

Did 8 miles this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD for me today.

Off to court.

flarunner, nice 8.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. After 16 days and a ton of miles my legs said rest so I am.

Marjorie

Good morning, flarunner. Thank you or starting today's thread. Excellent eight miles already.

Damaris, have a pleasant SRD.

Marjorie, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

6.52 miles in 1:00:00. 9:12 pace. Also, forty push-ups.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning everyone.  Rest day for me.

Basya, do I detect an increase in the number of pushups?  That is something I need to start doing....

Running for TJ because he can't.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

I got up early this morning to go run, but then decided to wait until later.  It's not cold anymore in the morning, but it's hard to go out and run in the dark when it's so nice outside in the afternoon/evening!  Plus I'm getting a really good jump on my tan for beach season. lol  So, 8-9 miles for me this evening after t-ball practice.

Robert, pushups are great, and you can do them anytime and anywhere.  My oldest likes to brag that he can do more pullups than I can, but I can waste him when it comes to pushups. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Good morning, internet runners!  Another hour on the elliptical for me last night.  Wind and rain meant no bike ride for me.  I had a good workout though as the elliptical machine goes.  I have not sweat like that in quite some time, but I think heavy legs from Monday's workout contributed to that.  The weather looks nice today, so maybe I can get that ride in.

I am really jonesing to run now.  My knee feels great, I've got full flexibility, and I am there mentally.  I know I can't though.  20 more days....

Two weeks until our Disney vacation.  I can't wait. 

<3

Happy Wednesday everyone.

I made a Dr.'s appointment for tomorrow to check out the knee, i hope that have a pill or something to instantly make it better. I've waited five weeks, which is probably too long. But somedays it feels like its getting better then others I am limping around.

i really really miss my after work runs and getting really cranky about not running So today ill be going to the gym later for some upper body stuff and maybe the hot tub after.

Hope  everyone has a terrific day!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

StepbyStep-SH

Sparker - I hope you get some answers!

I'll get 8-9 miles in after taking DS to school, and have a massage scheduled this afternoon.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey dailies.  I ran 10 miles this morning (at 5 am Shocked) with the owner from our running store.  He's a great guy and it was very fun to run on a totally new route with him.  He's in for Western States this year and is looking for a pretty high finish...I'm as excited for him as I am about my own marathon coming up.  Tonight we're doing 5 miles with the running store, wearing the Remember Boston race bibs that have been created.  I know wearing them doesn't do anything per se, but it feels good to reaffirm that runners are united and that we won't be stopped from running or racing.

Flarunner...Nice work on the 8.

Docket...Have some good rest...hopefully court isn't too much of a workout.

Marjorie...Sounds like your rest day is well earned.

Basya...Rocking the full body workout, as always!  Great job.

Robert...The pushup train is so hard to get on.  I always try and then fall off.  Enjoy your rest.

D2the2nd...Hope you have a good run later in the day while catching the rays.

Bboon...20 days is it?  Those puppies will fly by.  Nice to read that you're feeling well and clearing the mental hurdles.  Nice job on the lipti.

Sparker...Sorry you're still dealing with the pain.  Hopefully this will give you some clear answers so you can start moving in the right direction, whether that be rest or running.

Step...Enjoy the miles and massage.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners. I haven't posted here in a while. I have been hanging out on the Dailies over at RWOL with Moth and company. The recent tragedy in Boston has me thinking along different lines. From here on in I would like to stay connected with you folks here on RA as well. We are all one big running community after all. We shouldn't be separated by websites.

Yesterday as I was driving to and from work I would see the occasional runner and feel a sense of pride and a special connection to these complete strangers. I was almost feeling like they were my brothers and sisters and we were on a special mission together. A mission to strike back at the terrorists that tried to bring us down. They have no idea that they actually brought us closer together with greater resolve and we will not waiver or bow before them, but rather come together through something that we all love to do and is a special part of who we are; running.

Yesterday afternoon, I was scheduled to run 7 miles. I wanted to run it hard in order to release some energy I had pent up after Monday's tragedy. I had somewhat tired legs from a 16 miler @ 8:01 pace I had done on Sunday. I ran 7.05 miles @ 7:27 pace, the whole time thinking of the victims in Boston.

Have a great day everyone! Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

delicate flower

Nice to have you here, Schnauzer!

<3

Docket_Rocket

I reposted the pushup streaker group on my FB wall.

Good morning everyone.  Rest day for me.

Basya, do I detect an increase in the number of pushups?  That is something I need to start doing....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Coworker (the one who I was planning on going to the Boston Marathon with originally) and I will be doing 3 for Boston at lunch.