Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

VENTING ALERT!

My coworkers' husband has lung cancer metastasized to his spleen, liver, adrenal glads and of course, the lungs.

This day fucking sucks!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Boo to that D

Marjorie

Damaris, if it's spread that fast and far, then there probably isn't a lot of hope.  That's my non medical opinion, after seeing the same thing with my father.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Last night I told my husband about it.  His medical opinion was that, even without the biopsy, he could tell me it was metastatized and he is long gone already.  He went through prostate cancer two years ago and survived that and now this.  Very sad.

Damaris, if it's spread that fast and far, then there probably isn't a lot of hope.  That's my non medical opinion, after seeing the same thing with my father.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Sorry to hear about that D.

Cancer does indeed SUCK

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Cancer sucks, D. Sorry to hear about your coworker's spouse.

Relentless forward progress

Doug, any word on your family member that had cancer?

Both my parents died from cancer.  It flat out sucks.  It's probably jaded me more than normal.  It's never fair.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My mom had cancer twice. The first one she was given 30 days to live (Hodgkins in every lymph node and chemo was brand new). That was 1971. Thank God for the Cleveland clinic. She somehow beat it. Had thyroid ca in 2002 and beat that. She died unexpectedly in 2008 with massive heart attack. Her heart ruptured.

I'm going to test out the hip in a few minutes.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Hubby ran 3 miles yesterday.  We did 1 mile run, 2 minute walk, rinse and repeat.  He couldn't believe he could do three miles but I told him that if he could do 4 sets of 10 minutes of running, he was ready.  He was!

Marjorie, good luck!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Back to my normal. Kept the pace at recovery pace. Overall good run

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Wandering Wally

Morning all.  Playing hooky for a trail run yesterday went great.  I think I'm going to do it again tomorrow.

Damaris - Your husband is making nice progress.  Sorry to hear about your coworkers husband.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Marjorie, that's good news.

Damaris, ditto, sounds like your husband is doing pretty well.

Mike, any day you can skip work for a trail run, do it.

Afternoon Pam.

Doug, any new word on the job fair?  Or was it a bust?

Doug saw this on Facebook, but I spent far too long trying to track down some broken cabinet hardware, and eventually just ordered that damn things off the Internet.  Ugh.  Nothing is ever easy.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm officially on vacation part 1. Off tomorrow and Friday. Work Mon and Tue then off next Wed thurs and Friday. Yay. Bag packed. Now if we don't get delayed tomorrow with the damn tropical storm.

Marjorie