Beginners and Beyond

Romeo 2 Richmond Half Marathon Race Report: Brought to you by them Hansons Boys...and girls! (Read 99 times)

on my way to badass

Wow! Love your RRs. Really looking forward to you killing your marathon.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

runfattyrun

I ran this race too. I was on the bus that arrived at the start 3 minutes before the gun. Fortunately the mob at the starting line was only a minor obstacle. Overall, it was fairly well put-together. They had 2 police officers blocking every intersection and plenty of water stops for people who needed them. It is a nice run through forested areas and farmlands. The weather was cool enough for a race but not icy. It seemed like most of the runners were using it as a litmus test for the Detroit Marathon next month.

The only bad part of the race was a guy who was running behind me for the last 6 miles with some kind of pedometer that went "BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP" at an insane volume with each step he took. I thought he was going to pass me so I ran faster out of sheer spite. Does anyone have any idea what this miserable device is? Hopefully it isn't an insulin pump or some kind of LVAD that is keeping him alive. That would make me feel bad for secretly hating him.

The Romeo 2 Richmond FB page found this report and has a link to it on their page.  You're famous!

MI_Tim

RFR, it's probably a cadence metronome.

runfattyrun

RFR, it's probably a cadence metronome.

Hmm...well it must have worked for him because his pace was as solid as a rock.

On a side note, I saw one of the Hanson's 5 min/ mile crowd reading 50 Shades of Grey while running the race.

LRB

On a side note, I saw one of the Hanson's 5 min/ mile crowd reading 50 Shades of Grey while running the race.

lol

I downloaded that metronome sound to my mp3 player a million years ago when I first tried that whole 180 cadence thing and ditched it after one run.  In fact it did not even last the entirety of the run!  I quickly learned you can do that yourself just to the sound of your feet or breaths.

MI_Tim

lol

I downloaded that metronome sound to my mp3 player a million years ago when I first tried that whole 180 cadence thing and ditched it after one run.  In fact it did not even last the entirety of the run!  I quickly learned you can do that yourself just to the sound of your feet or breaths.

I downloaded a podcast that had different tempos for whatever you were running.  I think I only used it once or twice too.  Supposedly, for a small fee, the people who do that podcast can take your favorite songs and adjust their tempo for you in a neat little playlist.  I'm going to pass.

B-Plus

That's talent!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Of course the competitor in me would have liked to have held that 6:30 pace for much longer and thus finished with a better time but overall I cannot complain

Better NOT complain, the gods might get angry and Zeus will ZAP you with a thunderbolt and take your Power Of Speed away from you!

As some others here already said..."Holy crap, you are fast!"  Congrats on your race!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt