Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Are Ready To Slide Head First Into The Weekend! (Read 27 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

(Sticking tongue firmly in cheek)

Please, Docket, it's like you're made of glass!  Now get out there and run another ultra, missy!  Honestly, it's like a little dizziness, nausea, and incipient unconsciousness is something to be concerned about ...

Joking  (Oh, I guess this means my tongue is not in my cheek anymore.)

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your awesome 5-miler Gustav!

Good luck with that final long trail run, Vance!

Kristin, good luck with the new job.  Today will probably be emotional for you leaving the old job.  Just keep telling yourself you are moving forward, this is a step towards improvement for you!  I'm sure you will make lots of new friends at the next place too!   Wow, 3 jobs, dang!  You should move here to San Antonio.  The cost of living here - especially compared to New York City - is stupidly low.  For what you probably pay for rent up there, you could most likely get a huge place down here.  Only bad thing here is we don't have a rapid transit system (subway, etc) like New York does.  We have VIA bus system...which sucks!  No matter what they try to palm off on us in their commercials about how good they are...NOT!    With your profession, you could probably get a job down here pretty easy too.

Your 5K with your friend is tomorrow, Jimmy?  Good luck!   Isn't it a little warm for a fire?

Enjoy your weekend, Bin, since yours has already started!  Umm, sorry you have to deal with the French, though... but you'll get through it...just be 'franc' with them....   Wink

Why did the concert last so long, Tomas? Kids playing slow?  Wink

Hope you can get away early, Margo!   I may leave a bit early too.  I got to work this morning at 5 a.m.!  I finished some projects and they were all waiting for my boss when she got here at 7:30 a.m.  Made her happy cuz that helps her workday too.

If you do run in the rain, Mitch, at least you'll get some cooling!  So enjoy!

Charlottesville?  You're in Virginia, HsM?  Have fun at the concert in the park.  You get in free since you're a volunteer, right?

almost took a header into a huge tree when I tripped over a cracked part of the sidewalk.  Gosh, that sounds like someone here I know.....hey, at least you didn't end up in a horse's butt!   Nice run for you...cept  for that Starbucks thing...coffee...YUK!  Have fun with your Color Run tomorrow, baconista!

Good luck with the miles later, Damaris.  And no more passing out!  Some vagrant person might find you lying on the street and think "What a find!" and  stuff you into his/her shopping cart as a souvenir...  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Good luck to all who are racing this weekend.  There are a couple of 5ks around here that I was thinking about running, but since I only got 3 hours sleep last night thanks to the allergy pill I took yesterday (no more Claritin for me), I can't really see myself waking up at 5:30 tomorrow.  We spent half the afternoon hiking and I'm trying to get up the energy to go downstairs to get a run in on the TM before dinner.

Kristin - I hope the new job works out for you.  Change is always unsettling, but at least you'll be doing the same kind of work.  I can see wanting to live in NY, though I never did.  I lived/worked in San Francisco, went to school in Los Angeles, and worked in Washington DC.  In each case, I couldn't wait to get away from the city. I am definitely a country girl at heart.  My ideal is to live in a cabin in the mountains or desert.  I like being around people who look you in the eye and say hello when you meet - not a city habit, as I learned early.

Scotty - no races at all?  They need to work on the calendar - some weeks you have too many, some not enough.  We have the same thing here - 4 5ks on one day, but in the summer, nothing.

Vance - aren't you registered for a 5k tomorrow?

Jimmy - good idea waiting to spend a bunch of money before you're sure your sister will actually enjoy running.

Bin - glad you were able to get a run in this afternoon.

Tomas - hot and humid is the norm for the next few months, unfortunately.  Did your mom go to the concert with you?

Margo - hope you got off early.

Mitch - hope you stayed dry.  The clouds are building here, and the storm is about to break.

HopesMom - enjoy the concert.

Baconista - have you done any color runs before?  Is your husband a runner?

Coralie - have fun at the race tomorrow.  Actually, if you do a warm up jog, you could get up to 15 this week.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks everyone....you're awesome!

Last day of work went well......sad but well.....I have a 10K Sunday to distract myself for a little bit (that I expect to now be more of a fun run than a goal race unfortunately like I planned) and then new job Monday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Jimmy, it looks like they have race day packet pickup for Cotton Row, it starts at 6:00 am, no registration though.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

PS for those intimidated by NYC I will be your tour guide. The tourist-y areas may be overwhelming with how many people are there but not more so than say..... a large race. Or.....Disney World. You'll be fine Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Sloooow.

PS for those intimidated by NYC I will be your tour guide. The tourist-y areas may be overwhelming with how many people are there but not more so than say..... a large race. Or.....Disney World. You'll be fine Smile

I'd LOVE to go to NYC. I haven't had good Indian food in years, and I'm sure bigger cities have nice English places to eat. Definitely a place I would love to visit.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'd LOVE to go to NYC. I haven't had good Indian food in years, and I'm sure bigger cities have nice English places to eat. Definitely a place I would love to visit.

Indian is not my forte, but I know some good British pubs I am an Anglophile so I tend to seek those out Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

OH AND CORALIE!!! There is a Doctor Who themed bar not far from my apartment!!! By your current and past avatars I think you'd like that!

hog4life

I hope you are still there the next time I get up that way. I've been trying to convince my wife for another trip up, but she wants NOTHING to do with it containing the word "run". I'm patiently working on it though, sigh

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

8.4 miles at an 8:29 pace. Lots o' hills! Smile  Last night with the cousins from Germany. "Vielen essen und bier!"

hog and JBJ: Have fun!

Amazonian Princess

Here's the first try at personals - though I'm on California time so I'm not sure who'll see Big grin

Gustav - how early is too early to start the thread? Is there a way of tracking title/themes so there aren't repeats? Or are repeats okay?

Kristin10185 - job changes are so exciting! Forward is the best way to find your cheese!

jblackjr - awesome of you to train and race with friends, I'll check out the blog tonight.

T-rod - thank you for the kudos! From other threads I gathered that you were sort of a bigger guy at another time, could i ask at what weight did you start running? DH has lost over 100 pounds but he's still over three bills and doesn't know if its doable, yet.

scottydawg - you might've seen me in San Antonio for a "Bacon Takedown" but with heat and humidity like that I don't think I'd get off the plane!. I've never run into a horse's behind but I'm a little klutzy sometimes. I once went to wipe sweat off my brow with the back of my hand and forgot I was holding a ten pound weight in that hand - ow.

Docket_Rocket - I read yesterday that you're a vegetarian...still hoping we can be friends Wink

GinnyinPA - never done a color run but since Boston my DH wants to do every event we can to "show solidarity with the runners and residents of Boston and that they have the support and admiration of the common man" as his blog reads. We walked a 5k at California's Great America earlier this month and we're signed up for a Run for Literacy on 6/2. He's not a runner... yet.

CoralieT - you used the word "huge" in describing yourself, but I left huge in the rear view mirror.  Still, it's nice to know I'm not the only curvy girl shakin' her bacon!

G'nite, all.

I can. I will. I am. 

Sloooow.

OH AND CORALIE!!! There is a Doctor Who themed bar not far from my apartment!!! By your current and past avatars I think you'd like that!

Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Going to make me have a hissy fit, there is NOTHING fun to do down here! Lol.

Baconista- Definitely a big girl here! My highest weight was 276, I'm now 209 @ 5'10". It's kind of depressing when some races have a heavyweight division, and the woman's "Amazonian" starts at 170lbs. 170!!!!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

OMG being called Amazonian sounds horrible! especially starting at 170....wtf? I've never had a race with a heavyweight division that's kinda weird.

Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Going to make me have a hissy fit, there is NOTHING fun to do down here! Lol.

Baconista- Definitely a big girl here! My highest weight was 276, I'm now 209 @ 5'10". It's kind of depressing when some races have a heavyweight division, and the woman's "Amazonian" starts at 170lbs. 170!!!!!