Beginners and Beyond

My, Oh My, MonDAILIES (Read 69 times)

Docket_Rocket

Since the other Tuesday, oops.  9 days....

Damaris - over 100 miles in 5 days?  You're an animal!

Ran 6K at my normal pace today.  The temperature was a brisk 1C so I had to bundle up.

Last night a LRS held a special sale night for members of my running club.  I won a door prize which was my choice of New Balance shoes and I chose a pair of NB 1080's to add to my growing collection.  Sweet!  Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I feel the same way, especially since I forgot to take my reflux pills and my stomach is being a pain, literally.

Monday Sad  Boo

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Recovery rest day for me today. I will run tomorrow.

Marjorie

B-Plus

What's up? What did I miss? I'm going to run about 15 miles today.

Docket_Rocket

Same old, same old, running, more running, with a dose of meltdowns.  Enjoy your 15.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB- Nothin? Really?

I had a busy weekend as well that culminated into a long night last night, and when I woke up this morning my very first thought was is it 5:00 pm yet lol!

My ass has been dragging on the ground ever since but I am halfway there.

LRB

Hope you guys have a great Monday!

I'll be better when I get tomorrows workout figured out.  Tongue

Jess runs for bacon

Rest day for me, yay! I really would like to do some active recovery but its pouring outside. Boo.

Pinktastic

Just a drive-by post today.....    Work is crazy busy and I've been travelling again.   It's a lot easier to get through the airport and get through the day at someone else's office when you don't have to deal with crutches.   :-)

This afternoon, I have my first PT appointment - hooray!!   I was supposed to start last week, but the whole not being in town got in the way.   I've been doing some stretches for my foot with a resistance band while I was away though so hopefully, I can be "downgraded" to a splint when I see the doctor on Thursday even though I haven't been going to formal therapy for very long.

I can NOT wait to start running again!!   It's like all I ever think about anymore.    I know I'm still about 3 weeks out from running, but it's totally taking over my brain.

Have a Pinktacular day!!!   Keep up the great running - I'm jealous, but I'll be back out there with you as soon as I can!!   And, may your next run be Pink-mazing!!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck with PT, Sarah!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Because I'm an attention whore, I'll say again that I ran 18 miles yesterday! Yay! Enjoy your 15. Did you have a good weekend away?

Hi Sarah!

LRB

It's like all I ever think about anymore.    I know I'm still about 3 weeks out from running, but it's totally taking over my brain.

That is totally normal...as normal as normal can be that is.  I went through the same thing during my stint on the bench.

Hang in there, you are almost on the home stretch!

Docket_Rocket

Should we expect pics of this?  It's the rage.  And it enrages too.

Because I'm an attention whore, I'll say again that I ran 18 miles yesterday! Yay! Enjoy your 15. Did you have a good weekend away?

Hi Sarah!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off, Step.    Good luck with your training program!   There's a meltdown thread?  I haven't seen that yet, this was my first stop here today.

Congrats on the 8, flarunner.

Wow, 100 miles since last Tuesday.  Enjoy that well earned rest day, Damaris.

Good luck with your training program too, Kristin!

Glad your knee is behaving, Baboon.  Enjoy your workout today.

Have a good day, LRB.

Happy SRD, DaveP.

Bruce, why were you going to high school graduation parties?  Chaperoning?  Happy tapering to you!

Congrats on your 18-miler, April!

Way to go with your race results, jjs22!

Nice, Zentastic, congrats on the new shoes, and can't beat THAT price...FREE.

Hope your knee feels better, Zelanie.

Have a nice recovery day, Marjorie.

Hope your 15 went well, B Plus!

Sorry about your weather, lilac.

Good luck with your PT, Sarah!  Hope it all works out great for you.

Rest day for me today.  I am 'fighting' something.   Started last night with coughing, sweating, etc.   Took some Delsym for my coughing, very helpful, and went to bed early.  Sheets were soaked with sweat when I woke up, but I felt a lot better.  Still feel a 'touch' of whatever it was, but not as bad as yesterday, so am hoping it's just some 24-hour thingy.  Yesterday, I ran 3 easy miles.  Then came home and mowed the front lawn, got that done and it started to rain, bah.   Took a shower, watched some TV....rain was over by late morning, then it got really hot and humid, grass dried out, so I figured I'd do the back lawn too instead of putting it off.  By the time I was done I was hot and drenched in sweat. Took a cold shower, which felt good...but then started getting that sweat, chills, and coughing later, so maybe I 'shocked' my system too much.  Joking  Will just take it easy till tomorrow, hopefully get this all out of my system, and then do a morning run.

Morning runs probably ALL this week, as our temps all this week will not be under 91 degrees and when I looked at the 'feels like' temp, they are all over 95 at my usual after-work running time, gaack!

San Antonio, TX 78201

<form>

<label>Change Location</label>

<input id="loc" type="text" name="loc" value="Enter City or U.S. ZIP" /><input id="is_search" type="hidden" name="is_search" value="true" /><input id="nav_section" type="hidden" name="nav_section" value="6" /><input id="loc_country" type="hidden" name="loc_country" value="WORLD" /><input type="hidden" name="zcode" value="z6286" />

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="GO" />
                              </form>

Today

Mostly Cloudy92°

Mostly Cloudy

Tue

Mostly Sunny91°

Mostly Sunny

Wed

Mostly Cloudy93°

Mostly Cloudy

Thu

Partly Cloudy95°

Partly Cloudy

Fri

Partly Cloudy95°

Partly Cloudy

Sat

Partly Cloudy95°

Partly Cloudy

Sun

Partly Cloudy96°

Partly Cloudy

Tonight

Partly Cloudy74°

Partly Cloudy

Tue Night

Partly Cloudy74°

Partly Cloudy

Wed Night

Partly Cloudy75°

Partly Cloudy

Thu Night

Mostly Clear74°

Mostly Clear

Fri Night

Partly Cloudy74°

Partly Cloudy

Sat Night

Partly Cloudy75°

Partly Cloudy

So I guess it's morning for me, even though the humidity is a lot higher around here in the morning than in the PM.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Should we expect pics of this?  It's the rage.  And it enrages too.

No pics of my 18-miler. Funny story though - I used my handheld and it was plenty for my first 10 miles (and I refilled while I waited for my RP to arrive) but it got really hot and sunny and at mile 15 I was DYING. We went into a church and the congregation was doing their pre-service gathering thing, so I politely asked a man in a nice suit if they had a water fountain. He looked at me oddly and pointed to the "RESTROOMS" sign. I felt very out of place.

OH! On Friday I texted pictures to my boss (who is female) of my brand new Lulu outfit. I sent her a front picture of the top and skirt, then a picture of the rufflebutt. So I do have a butt pic on my phone...