Beginners and Beyond

This is, quite possibly, the worst interview ever. (Read 244 times)

bingo_jenn

I saw something on FB that Mo came to her defense and said to stop picking on her.

What a nice guy.

delicate flower

So the video has been removed from the 2nd website as well but  I am getting the impression that not only did the reporter not know who Mo Farah is, she thought he ran a marathon in 61 minutes? She should be fired.

And she asked him if he had ever run before.

<3

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Love the Half

So the video has been removed from the 2nd website as well but  I am getting the impression that not only did the reporter not know who Mo Farah is, she thought he ran a marathon in 61 minutes? She should be fired.

May be something on your computer.  I just clicked on the second link and it worked.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

Here's Yahoo's coverage if you want to see the video:

New Orleans anchor asks two-time Olympic gold medalist Mo Farah if he’s run before

In the defense on the anchor (ugh), there was also graphic posted by the station listing his "marathon" time, so there was ignorance abound.  

Makes you wonder how in the hell they ever scored the interview in the first place, or more importantly, why.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I love how he says that he's not ready for a marathon yet, that he still has a lot to learn. Smile

And people say we're harsh when we tell that to a person who started running three weeks ago...

Ain't that the truth!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Even if Mo Farah actually did run a 61 minute marathon, McKayla Maroney would still not be impressed.

Dave

LOL

The New Orleans news station has apologized for their joke of an interview...

Even if Mo Farah actually did run a 61 minute marathon, McKayla Maroney would still not be impressed.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Buelligan

Most TV news reporters really aren't really journalists, they're just faces that say words given to them.  Most of them are totally lost when not spoon fed what to say.

Is what this woman did really so surprising to anyone?

Love the Half

LOL

The New Orleans news station has apologized for their joke of an interview...

I saw the apology and it doesn't really fit either.  They are apologizing for "offending" people as if she'd made some ethnically insensitive comment.  I haven't seen anyone who says they were offended - just amused.

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Perhaps I'm weird, but, if I'm going to meet someone, I learn at least the tiniest bit about the person first. I try to actually give a damn, not just fake my way through a conversation. This was just sloppy and inconsiderate.

I saw the apology and it doesn't really fit either.  They are apologizing for "offending" people as if she'd made some ethnically insensitive comment.  I haven't seen anyone who says they were offended - just amused.

I was offended by the lazy reporting.

OK, not really.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

LRB

OK, not really.

+1

It was just dumb and laughable.  But based on them using the word in their apology, I would guess some runner types who complained were.

Love the Half

+1

It was just dumb and laughable.  But based on them using the word in their apology, I would guess some runner types who complained were.

Well hell, someone's always looking to get a burr up their ass I reckon.  One of the nice things about this forum is that when someone does get a burr up their ass, I don't get a nasty PM from S*S.

Docket_Rocket

+2

I'm just still laughing....

OK, not really.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page