Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Presents: Headlines - 1st Edition (Read 64 times)

April - nice pics, not sure how you can smile so much in a race

Beth - shades worn, it was really bright

Luke - hope that PF gets better before the race

SIAR - nice run, and with repeats to boot

Scotty - I escaped that meteor, but just barely

scrape. - glad that quad is healing up

Heidi - I didn't think your feet actually touched the ground Wink

Hope the DST 17's aren't wonky in general, I've got 2 pairs awaiting action.  I like the 16 a lot, and the 17 seems very similar - the soles are identical and the uppers are really close, other than a less offset lacing.

19.3 done, 7:22 pace.  Other than a chilly breeze, probably the best conditions I've had in a few weeks.

Docket_Rocket

I cut my workout short mostly due to my allergy shot screwing up my asthma.  Maybe today was not the day for strides.  Still 8 X 100m and 6 miles, not bad for 55% lung capacity day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

D2: What a great run!!!!

Damaris: I'm so sorry about the allergy stuff.  Boo!

Jay:FANTASTIC long run today - well done!!!

12 miles done at 7:16 pace, including 6 x 1 mile cruise intervals (1 min. recovery) done at 6:27-6:32 pace.  I was disciplined too, so yay for that!   Thanks, Scrape.  I did OK, right?  I could've slowed a touch, but pretty good considering my usually reckless speed work, I thought.

I ran in the Adidias Adios shoes (bright red - sweetness) and freaking LOVED them.  I am totally going to use them race day.  I shouldn't have judged them based on the 50 m jog I did at the running store in them.  

Chairman

D2: What a great run!!!!

Damaris: I'm so sorry about the allergy stuff.  Boo!

Jay:FANTASTIC long run today - well done!!!

12 miles done at 7:16 pace, including 6 x 1 mile cruise intervals (1 min. recovery) done at 6:27-6:32 pace.  I was disciplined too, so yay for that!   Thanks, Scrape.  I did OK, right?  I could've slowed a touch, but pretty good considering my usually reckless speed work, I thought.

I ran in the Adidias Adios shoes (bright red - sweetness) and freaking LOVED them.  I am totally going to use them race day.  I shouldn't have judged them based on the 50 m jog I did at the running store in them.  

Looks perfect. As long as you felt like you can do one or two more, you're good.

I have a pair of red first generation Adios myself. Did you not like them in the store?

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

runmomto3boys

Looks perfect. As long as you felt like you can do one or two more, you're good.

I have a pair of red first generation Adios myself. Did you not like them in the store?

I definitely could have done 2 more.  I didn't want to, but I could have.  Big grin

I liked them well enough, but I didn't LOOOOOVE them as much as I did the 4mm drop racing flats when I did the 50m jog in them outside the store to test them out.  However, I LOOOOOOOVED them when I got out on the track with them tonight.  I felt fast in them, so that's what matters!  They do seem supportive enough to run in for the marathon.  I ran 12 no prob, so there's that. 

Thanks for your help.  Much appreciated!

Just finished my first Tempo run.......Did 30 minutes 2.83 miles 10 minutes @ 10:43 10 minutes @ 8:51 and 10 minutes @ 10:28.

So next week is 40 minute tempo run, should it be 4-10 minute segemnts? I assume so.

Have a great night everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Chairman

I definitely could have done 2 more.  I didn't want to, but I could have.  Big grin

I liked them well enough, but I didn't LOOOOOVE them as much as I did the 4mm drop racing flats when I did the 50m jog in them outside the store to test them out.  However, I LOOOOOOOVED them when I got out on the track with them tonight.  I felt fast in them, so that's what matters!  They do seem supportive enough to run in for the marathon.  I ran 12 no prob, so there's that. 

Thanks for your help.  Much appreciated!

Yes, that workout is a good test for a pair of shoes, for sure, I am pleased they worked for you.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Zelanie

Sparker, is it a "tempo run" or "tempo intervals"?  A tempo run is usually sustained tempo pace for the entire time.  Tempo intervals are when you break them up into sections like that.

lilac_jive, I hope that you have fun on the group run.

Phil, have a restorative rest day.

Robert, great 5.1.

AprilRunner, great 8.33 miles o'sandwich runs. And beautiful photos!

scottydawg, have a refreshing rest day.

Damaris, I'm glad that you're safe. The six with strides seem to have gone well. I hope that you feel better ASAP.

jedigunnie26.2, excellent job fitting the 5.7 into your day.

AmiK, have fun with P90X and/or whatever else you do.

Sarah, awesome running of four miles so early.

Rick, wonderful easy six. I'm happy that you're able to increase your mileage.

Shirfan, enjoy your long run.

ImNotScott, breathe. There is no reason to panic. Bravo running twelve miles in less-than-ideal conditions.

Zelanie, congratulations on your first twelve-miler!

Beth, wonderful workouts.

Heidi, you rocked the twelve with I intervals. Yay for the new shoes workingSmile

FreeSoul87, I hope that tonight's five-six go well.

Ouch with the PF, Luke.

Kay, super sub-10:00 three miles!

SIAR, great 14.08 this morning. Have fun doubling.

scrape., I'm glad that resting helped your quads. Sweet easy nine.

rkymtnanna, excellent run on ye olde hamster wheel.

B-Plus, enjoy the ten miles.

paulajcmd, nine mileage and pace.

Dave, amazing 12.1 today.

Shirfan, 19.3 at 7:22? Speedy, you are.

Scott, congratulations on completing your first tempo run! I run mine at a steady speed/pace.

Ab work is done. Good night, everyone!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Shirfan...sweet long run for you. I really could you around for some of the faster long days I have coming up!

Docket...great job getting in whatever you could. That is like running on one lung. Crazy!

RMT3b...nice job on your run. Did you do the cruise intervals where you don't drop the pace that much on the recovery? Glad the shoes felt better than at the store...beats the heck out of the other way.

Sparker...congrats on the first speed work. It looks like you're doing sort of a warmup, then some tempo, then cool down. You could probably up the 8:15 portion to 12 to 15 min next time. Breaking them up is a bit of a different workout, but there's nothing with that as your body is acclimating and longer tempo may be too much. Something like 2x7 min at tempo pace with a two min active recovery would be a little more hard running than you did tonight. Just some suggestions...there are tons of ways to structure your workouts.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya...thanks...nice full day for you, as always!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Sparker, is it a "tempo run" or "tempo intervals"?  A tempo run is usually sustained tempo pace for the entire time.  Tempo intervals are when you break them up into sections like that.

I am doing HH Intermediate 5K Plan:

Tempo Runs: This is a continuous run with an easy beginning, a buildup in the middle to near 10-K race pace, then ease back and cruise to the finish. A typical tempo run would begin with 5-10 minutes easy running, continue with 10-15 faster running, and finish with 5-10 minutes cooling down. You can't figure out your pace on a watch doing this workout; you need to listen to your body. Tempo runs are very useful for developing anaerobic threshold, essential for fast 5-K racing

This 5K Plan alternates weeks with one Tempo and next week is 6x400 interval

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

It sometimes feel that way.  I am at 92% for large bronchii but the 55% is the smaller bronchii which are what gives me speed (or lack thereof). Sometimes I wonder how fast I would be if I didn't have this shit.

RMTB, sounds like the Adios are a great shoe for you.  I felt the same way about the Elixirs.  With only 4 miles, I decided to use them for my marathon immediately thereafter and didn't have a problem since.

Shirfan...sweet long run for you. I really could you around for some of the faster long days I have coming up!

Docket...great job getting in whatever you could. That is like running on one lung. Crazy!

RMT3b...nice job on your run. Did you do the cruise intervals where you don't drop the pace that much on the recovery? Glad the shoes felt better than at the store...beats the heck out of the other way.

Sparker...congrats on the first speed work. It looks like you're doing sort of a warmup, then some tempo, then cool down. You could probably up the 8:15 portion to 12 to 15 min next time. Breaking them up is a bit of a different workout, but there's nothing with that as your body is acclimating and longer tempo may be too much. Something like 2x7 min at tempo pace with a two min active recovery would be a little more hard running than you did tonight. Just some suggestions...there are tons of ways to structure your workouts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well I went for my 6 mile run tonight.... Big grin and ended up doing 6.2 in 1:00:47!!!!!!! A 9:49 pace and it was BE-AWESOME! I wanted to puke and pass out at the end. The first 3 miles were slow because I was going to just run easy, but after the 3rd mile I said screw it. I am so happy that I am going to show off my splits mile for mile!

Mile 1 - 11:32

Mile 2 - 11:12

Mile 3 - 10:58

Mile 4 - 9:21

Mile 5 - 8:05

Mile 6 - 8: 10

.2 - 7:29

I am so happy and tired at the same time, this is so far my fastest 10k yet and I have never reached so close to doing a sub 8 min pace before!!! My legs are sore, I will be doing a lot of stretching and icing and rubbing, and really enjoying my next 2 rest days!!!

WHOOP WHOOP for me!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just B.S.

I am officialy exhausted!LOL

Up at 6am for 1000 yards in the pool. Drove into town with hubby and took the bus home, walked 1.5 miles

from the bus stop  with my heavy swimming bag. That entire trip from leaving the house to arriving back

home is 2.5 hours.

Then housework/cooking and an appointment.

Then 6 miles of hills in 1:03. Slow but not as slow as I thought given that I had already swam in the morning.

Then shower/dinner and walk the dog 2 miles.

Then against my better judgement wasted 2 hours watching A.I.

I am offically DONE. Good night!LOL