Beginners and Beyond

No Shoes, No Shirt, No SATURDAILIES (Read 71 times)

alexis_run_nky

I had a good run today.  Since it wasn't an out and back it was almost all pretty much uphill which sucked.

Distance:

9.50 mi

Time:

1:31:15

Avg Pace:

9:36 min/mi

I'm pretty happy with it today.  Smile

Luke and C0de: glad you are both ok after taking a spill today!

notimeforthat

boy has quit barfing. Hooray!

Swim went well.

The workout was a warm up with 4x100yds, three sets of those, then 500 swim easy and kick set of 300 total, so 2200 total.

I was stoked because that swim clinic was apparently a winner! My 100 yd time is normally 2:00/100yds when I am swimming at a tempo pace. Today the sets were 1:49-1:53 for all of them! WOO.

Docket_Rocket

Mizunos are the best show I've ever run in.  Everybody is different but my vote is for KayPS to try them out.

Mizuno has a ton of color and pattern options out now.  Maybe your feets will like something from them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Chairman

Mizuno shoes are to stiff for my taste, but KPS might not mind stiff.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Chairman

Scrape...I could see why an extended rest would not be option 1, 2, 3....

It's an option and one I'm considering, but there are a few things I want to try first. There are some injuries that respond well to rest, but unfortunately this one seems to be trickier.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Mizuno shoes are to stiff for my taste, but KPS might not mind stiff.

Good stuff.  I actually don't love my Mizunos either, but lots seem to, and they do have lots of colors.  I did like the newest iteration of the Ronin that I tried on...may go with that for my racing shoe.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Just B.S.

boy has quit barfing. Hooray!

Swim went well.

The workout was a warm up with 4x100yds, three sets of those, then 500 swim easy and kick set of 300 total, so 2200 total.

I was stoked because that swim clinic was apparently a winner! My 100 yd time is normally 2:00/100yds when I am swimming at a tempo pace. Today the sets were 1:49-1:53 for all of them! WOO.

Al, I am starting to understand the lingo now so I know that is awesome!! Congrats!

Glad the boy quit barfing too!LOL

One of our local triathletes who is a swim coach offered to watch me swim today and give a few pointers.

Then she swam and showed me what I was doing and then swam with the corrections. It was really

helpful.

I told her I've only been working on it for 2 weeks and she told me my body position, arm positions  and

breathing techniques were really good and that I was a natural. That made my day!  I need to work on

rolling my body more, a more full extension of the arms after entry and a little less kick. So that is my goal

for this  week.

runmomto3boys

20 miles done at 8:55 pace, easy.

Scrape: It sucks.  Sucks. Sucks. Sucks.  You are so damn fast, I want to see you out there healthy and racing again soon.

Weezer88

I loved the Mizuno Wave Riders until they came out with the 14's.  I moved over to Saucony and Brooks when they did that.  However I've seen some Wave Rider 15's that I'd like to try again though - and I do like their color choices.

I AM WEEZER.

Docket_Rocket

The 16s are awesome.

I loved the Mizuno Wave Riders until they came out with the 14's.  I moved over to Saucony and Brooks when they did that.  However I've seen some Wave Rider 15's that I'd like to try again though - and I do like their color choices.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

I have the 15's and I love them.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm not a fan of the 15s, but have heard the 16s are a great update.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Luke79

Luke, if a runner falls in the woods and nobody sees it, did it ever really happen? Smile

Yes, because there is blood, and scrapage lol.  I hope you kick ass at your upcoming 10k April.

SIAR, no it wasn't bad.  Nothin' hurt but mah pride man.

Chairman

20 miles done at 8:55 pace, easy.

Scrape: It sucks.  Sucks. Sucks. Sucks.  You are so damn fast, I want to see you out there healthy and racing again soon.

Solid 20, Heidi.

As for me and racing, well, every long time runner eventually faces a situation where they realize their best running days are behind them. Maybe I'm there, maybe I'm not, no way to know for sure right now. But after more than a year of getting injured every time I try to get myself in shape to race, I think I've come to terms with the possibility that I am there, and there may be no more PRs in my future. It's still a little depressing, but I think I am much more accepting of it than I was a year ago. So anyway, no need to feel sorry for me.

Luke79

Solid 20, Heidi.

As for me and racing, well, every long time runner eventually faces a situation where they realize their best running days are behind them. Maybe I'm there, maybe I'm not, no way to know for sure right now. But after more than a year of getting injured every time I try to get myself in shape to race, I think I've come to terms with the possibility that I am there, and there may be no more PRs in my future. It's still a little depressing, but I think I am much more accepting of it than I was a year ago. So anyway, no need to feel sorry for me.

May I ask how old you are scrape?  In my mental image, you have always been early 20's.