Beginners and Beyond

Tropical Tuesday Penguins (Read 29 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Really nice 5 miles at 10:23.  Fast compared to our runs lately. Shower, beer and nap time.

SheCan

I have a friend on Facebook who lives in Arizona, some of the weather reports she posts are frightening!

This is our 3rd or 4th year with chickens. Our flock got wiped out by a fox/raccoon in January (I left the coop door open by accident, argh). April 1st we had 36 of our restart flock killed by neighbourhood dogs (they tore through fencing). I have 24 outside now, I'm actually sat on my bed with my laptop, watching them while they free-range in their pen for a while. 12 2 week olds are brooding in the house.

Good luck with these chickens.  Too bad chicken tastes so yummy to so many other animals!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Bin Running

Good luck with these chickens.  Too bad chicken tastes so yummy to so many other animals!

Guilty as charged...:P

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Jack, lost a few toe nail.. always on the same toes.. on my right feet only.. Think that membrance might be just the skin drying up after the nail separate from the flesh...

Cherie, it's view out of my bedroom.. Big grin

Ginny, ya.. its convenient and I have hardly any reason not to run when I can..

Coralie, not hot when it pours like that.. Not too cold as well.. it's quite enjoyable of not for the wet cloths and shoes/socks..

Scotty, I wouldn't wanna fall over the edge too... Way cool to beautify your teeth... big smile now!

Jeff, Sorry abt the bonk.. I had a 14M w/8 @ goal this coming weekend.. Remembered the last time I did one of those.. I bonk and have to walk 3M home under the sun... miserable.. Now that you reminded me.. I am a little jittery...

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jack/Bin, I tape the problem toe nails before each run.  Seems to help.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can, Ginny, Bin: thanks for the toe nail info. I thinks that is what I have. It's kind of gross but it doesn't hurt a bit.  Three miles done a track. I stopped early out of sheer boredom.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jerry: mine are not problems; they just fall off! By the way, what kind of beer do you like?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

After visiting 3 Floyds Brewery last week, I'd have to say.......3 Floyds Robert the Bruce.  Also, Shiner Black Label.

Jerry: mine are not problems; they just fall off! By the way, what kind of beer do you like?

GinnyinPA

Is the beer question addressed to Jerry, or to all of us?

Personally, I like Sam Adams, Alaskan Amber, Saranac, Bass, Harp, Fat Tire, Veni Vidi (found only in Newfoundland), Appalachian Brewing Co., Roy Phitz and several other craft brews.  While hiking through Colorado, we tasted every local ale we could find - and there are a lot of them there.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Wow, you guys have great taste! I am usually happy with Miller Lite or something.

Dad on the run.

4 miles done with my friend. His farthest run yet at 11:16m/m

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Sloooow.

I don't like beer. Don't hate me, lol. I'm thinking of giving Mike's Hard Lemonade a try, but I should probably just accept that I don't like alcohol.

Docket_Rocket

Say what??????  Shame on you!

For Damaris, I absolutely did not take a nap at my desk.  And apparently my tech also did not take a nap at his desk.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

But at least it's a dry heat!

I have a friend on Facebook who lives in Arizona, some of the weather reports she posts are frightening!

This is our 3rd or 4th year with chickens. Our flock got wiped out by a fox/raccoon in January (I left the coop door open by accident, argh). April 1st we had 36 of our restart flock killed by neighbourhood dogs (they tore through fencing). I have 24 outside now, I'm actually sat on my bed with my laptop, watching them while they free-range in their pen for a while. 12 2 week olds are brooding in the house.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page