Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's ThursDAILY or is it Thriday? (Read 32 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with the 15K upcoming, Traci!  Hope you meet your goal.  But if you have to walk, nothing wrong with taking a walk break if it's needed.  Just make finishing your primary goal and everything else after that is a 'gimme."

Dang, Cherie, hope you don't end up in a sandstorm or something!

Happy B-Day, Jimmy!  It's today, right?  Or was it yesterday?  Anyway, enjoy the time with your Dad, and the wings, and the movie!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Lauren - I'm sorry about losing your pup.  It sounds like she had a good long life - the last 10 years anyway.  It's always hard to say goodbye though.

Jimmy - Happy Birthday!

Cold rainy day here.  I haven't run in over a week, which may be for the best, since my injury isn't completely healed and I know it.  However, it seems to be getting easier to not run, and that worries me.  I don't want to go back to couch potato status.  Entropy can be hard to overcome.  We have company coming some time today, and we'll be busy all weekend at a large hiker gathering, so exercise time is likely to be sparse.  The dog will still need his walks, but if the weather doesn't improve, they'll be short ones.  From past experience I know that three days of standing around talking to friends and attending workshops and slideshows on long distance hiking trails around the world means I'll be mentally exhausted but physically wired.  (So many trails, so little time!)

SheCan

Dang, Cherie, hope you don't end up in a sandstorm or something!

Hehe, Scotty, I only ate a little bit of sand.  I'm guessing that like rocks in a gizzard, it'll be good for my digestion.  Joking

I ended up with 8 miles with 6-- 200 meter hill repeats.  Also, I sent out an email to friend today who's political views are  vastly different then mine.  We rarely speak politics to each other, but I felt the need to reach out to the other side and remind them, that we're all Americans.  Peace everyone!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

SheCan

Ginny, hey you!  Just remember no matter how long you end up not running, you always have that choice to start again as long as your body is able.  So try to relax and enjoy the time where you can't run because of schedule/weather whatever, and remember, you WILL be able to run again soon.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Sloooow.

Hey everyone. Just checking in, I'm doing OK. My surgery on Monday didn't go too bad. I had extensive regrowth that was worse than my first surgery, but they good news was they had new technology with scope that they could visualise different areas. I'm feeling very sick so heading off to bed again soon. Aiming to be back running on Monday Smile

GinnyinPA

Coralie - thanks for checking in.  I was wondering how your operation went.  Does this mean that they got it all this time?  No more surgeries?

Cherie - I have a lot of facebook friends with very diverse opinions.  A few I dropped along the way because they were so full of hate for those with opposing views.  Others, I'll read their links and think about what they say, though I rarely comment or debate if I disagree.  A few friends encourage genuine debate, which can be interesting.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4.5 @  10:09.  Fast in the K3's.  Also might be Marathon fever.

Feel better Coralie.

Traci, mall sounds good.  Is there music there too?  How far from downtown?

tracilynn

Jerry, I can't remember how close to downtown it is. I don't remember much music there. I assume you're talking about Opry/country music? Grand ol Opry is in Nashville too. I did hear that Dolly Parton owns a penthouse inside the Gaylord Oprymill hotel that's inside the atrium. Maybe you will see her!

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry, I can't remember how close to downtown it is. I don't remember much music there. I assume you're talking about Opry/country music? Grand ol Opry is in Nashville too. I did hear that Dolly Parton owns a penthouse inside the Gaylord Oprymill hotel that's inside the atrium. Maybe you will see her!

Definitely Country Music (can't believe I said that)..We are staying downtown.  Planning a Ryman Auditorium concert after the race and maybe Bluebird cafe and a bar crawl.  I heard there is also a good plantation tour somewhere.

Dad on the run.

Buffalo wild wings was delicious. Movie was good. We watched Rush. Now I'm at Dunkin donuts with my beautiful baby girl.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Sloooow.

Ginny, they thought they had it all after my second surgery. Standard is another surgery in 6 months to do reconstruction if there is no regrowth. If there is regrowth, cycle starts again. I'll be very disappointed if I am not pregnant in the next 6 months though.

Bin, congratulations on your beautiful daughter!

hog4life

Traci, I'll be looking for you Sat morning. 5k or 10k? I thought Liz Hurley only had a 5k.

Jimmy, happy birthday.

Lauren, sorry about the dog. Will you get another one?

Back at work for an all nighter.

hog4life

Jerry, there's a dinner cruise thing right there by the Opry Land Hotel, might check it out. Th downtown area has some good pubs and food joints. Second Ave, I think.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, you will not become a couch potato and you will be back!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page