Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES? Is that you? (Read 42 times)

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. You got moves.

Cyberic99, fantastic 4.5.

Damaris, have fun doing whatever you do.

Lily, enjoy your eight-miler.

scottydawg, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

Phil, bravo on the seven. Have a wonderful ride with MBC.

Andrew, nice five. I hope that DW and Brrita continue to do well.

B- Plus, terrific ten.

Zelanie, sweet six.

DaveP MI, I'm glad that you returned home safely.

Ric-G, have a pleasant five-miler.

Mitch, have a great run.

Shari, excellent 8.76 and core work.

Slymoon Runs, bravo on the eleven.

Jack K., enjoy your easy run.

Lurch, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Sarah, I'm glad that you and the little lady are doing well.

No doubling for me today. I didn't return from Lakewood until around 4:00 a.m.. After work, I did my first run for MCM training: 7.0. In 1:09:26. 9:56. I'll have to double tomorrow. Another easy run, before work. Weight, abs, and forty-five minutes of cardio after work. I'm on my way home to do push-ups and ab work.

Pinktastic

Basis, your dedication and consistency are inspiring!  I can't wait to see how Pink-mazingly we'll you do this training cycle!

Rick - OMG!  I love the collages!   That was a lot of work!  You're a GENIUS!   :-)

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

Rick - OMG!  I love the collages!   That was a lot of work!  You're a GENIUS!   :-)

Preach.  

MothAudio

And for those of you who missed it last night, our home page has been updated.  If there are any beefs with that you can direct those my way. 

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

LRB

Actually the hip issues I had last year were possibly imbalance issues. On the other hand I got pulled groin muscles from trying to restore balance by doing lunges before each run. I was doing this routine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_CiRml-vQ

That's a good video to illustrate as when she kneels doing the front lunges if there is the slightest wobble in the knee or leg weak hips and/or glutes are likely and to continue to do them may end in a muscle pull or strain.

My personal trainer actually does not want me doing any of that until my hips/core can restrict all movement in my legs (which may take an act of congress) without thought.

Try it, if your knee wobbles as you go into a lunge or single leg squat you're jacked like I am was.

Mmmmm...beer

The collages are great, except for the fact that I'm headless!  I know I'm ugly, but I think that's a bit extreme. :P

4 more miles done.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

The collages are great, except for the fact that I'm headless!  I know I'm ugly, but I think that's a bit extreme. :P

Right?!  I went through it and it seems to be an epidemic.  Yeesh!  lol

Right?!  I went through it and it seems to be an epidemic.  Yeesh!  lol

It's like everyone is competing in the breast-off.

Dave

LRB

lol

B-Plus

I had a wtf moment on my run today when I saw this guy who took short shorts to a new level. It's hard to describe and also get out of my mind. Most of the bottom seemed to be cut off so it was more like a skirt that didn't go low enough. You could see more of the "panty" part than the rest of the shorts 

Cyberic

That's a good video to illustrate as when she kneels doing the front lunges if there is the slightest wobble in the knee or leg weak hips and/or glutes are likely and to continue to do them may end in a muscle pull or strain.

My personal trainer actually does not want me doing any of that until my hips/core can restrict all movement in my legs (which may take an act of congress) without thought.

Try it, if your knee wobbles as you go into a lunge or single leg squat you're jacked like I am was.

My knees probably wobble as much as Ozzy Osbourne's hands trying to thread a needle.

Started reading Anatomy for Runners tonight. I've just finished chapter 2. It's not much different information than what Time Noakes gives in Lore of Running. But Anatomy for Runners might be a bit easier to understand. I like the analogy he makes to cars. Most running programs target the heart and the cardiovascular functions - the engine of the car. But what good is a good engine if the chassis can't handle the additional power?

Maybe he'll convince me to do some other activities to strengthen my chassis a bit.

Cyberic

I had a wtf moment on my run today when I saw this guy who took short shorts to a new level. It's hard to describe and also get out of my mind. Most of the bottom seemed to be cut off so it was more like a skirt that didn't go low enough. You could see more of the "panty" part than the rest of the shorts 

Hahaha! Big grin

Docket_Rocket

It's like everyone is competing in the breast-off.

Sorry, the women have a breast up. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sorry, the women have a breast up. 

Apology most definitely not necessary.

Dave