Beginners and Beyond

My, Oh My, MonDAILIES (Read 69 times)

Docket_Rocket

No, but it looked like you read Scotty's comment and made it easier for him, ha!

Wait... should I call it something else?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ooh, I have that but not from the trail race.  Ouch.

Or it could be like during my ultra.  I tripped but didn't fall, woohoo.  And then I fell.  Ha!

I started down a steep hill WAY too fast, and tripped... and then rolled down the hill ass over teakettle.   Slammed my knee into a rock, and it STILL hurts to kneel!

No falling this time!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi!  And I got to say, I agree with what you wrote today....

Oski, you took the words out of my mouth, er, keyboard, with your latest posts on the meltdown thread. I thought about posting something like that but was reluctant to get into the muck, so thanks for doing it for me. I am relatively new here so I don't have all the history, for better or worse; anything pre-2013 is unknown to me. But it perplexes me that we have one of those horrendous, vitriol-filled meltdown threads maybe once every few weeks, where I see a slew of screen names I have never once seen on this forum in 6 months. And they complain how this once-every-few-weeks thread somehow defines this forum. That is what I don't get.

OK, back to regular business.

Dave

Hip Redux

Oski, you took the words out of my mouth, er, keyboard, with your latest posts on the meltdown thread. I thought about posting something like that but was reluctant to get into the muck, so thanks for doing it for me. I am relatively new here so I don't have all the history, for better or worse; anything pre-2013 is unknown to me. But it perplexes me that we have one of those horrendous, vitriol-filled meltdown threads maybe once every few weeks, where I see a slew of screen names I have never once seen on this forum in 6 months. And they complain how this once-every-few-weeks thread somehow defines this forum. That is what I don't get.

OK, back to regular business.

Smile

You and the rest of the folks who post in RRs and give advice and support and all that are why the rest of us are here.    The riff raff is annoying but isn't the B&B forum!

I'm working hard to get caught up on my RRs so I can get that damn thread to float to page 2 and disappear!  LOL!

YAYpril - B-Plus

I voiced my opinion and all the L&Oers told me to go away. I'm not giving that thread any more of my attention.

LRB

I'm not giving that thread any more of my attention.

I have more concern over what my own kids are posting on the internet than some grown ass people whom I don't even know.

There is too much seriousness going on there, way too much.  But then it wouldn't be a meltdown thread if there wasn't.

Hip Redux

Let's all sing this little ditty when a meltdown thread occurs:  link

LRB

Let's all sing this little ditty when a meltdown thread occurs:  link

Ya know, I don't have bronchitis, but my left ass cheek is aching like mofo lol!

Hip Redux

Ya know, I don't have bronchitis, but my left ass cheek is aching like mofo lol!

Well, ain't no one got time for that either!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Just a quick check-in for me today:

I'm just finished an from an oddly symmetrical workout:  7.77 miles in 1:01:11.  Weird.  I was feeling kinda crummy mentally and physically before the run, but feel much better now.  You gotta love running therapy.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Will ya'll forgive me if I apologize and give puppy eyes for starting that thread Undecided *angel face*

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Ignore it, not worth it!

So I just signed up for my first trail race of 2013!  Last year was my first trail race and I fell, badly, and put myself out of running for a full week as I limped around.  I am calling getting through the race this weekend without falling a WIN, so that's my goal.  lol

Gonna pull me along, right?

Hip Redux

Gonna pull me along, right?

You gonna make sure I don't fall?  Big grin

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

You gonna make sure I don't fall?  Big grin

If I'm behind you and you fall backwards............

LRB

Will ya'll forgive me if I apologize and give puppy eyes for starting that thread Undecided *angel face*

There was some good that came out of it; fifty puppet accounts were created in a 48 hour period and our group is now the largest on RA.