Beginners and Beyond

Totally NRR: seeking input from the militarily minded (specifically, veterans) (Read 55 times)

Little Blue

I am seeking suggestions, here's the scoop:  I have a motorized wheelchair (HoverRound) that belonged to my Dad.  I need to get rid of it, and a friend suggested contacting a veteran's group.  It will need a little work.  The seat needs to be replaced, and I think the batteries may be shot.  So it would have to be a group with some resources.

I have no idea how to find a legitimate veterans' assistance group.   I'm sure there are hundreds of them out there, but I have no clue which are scams and which are valid.  If you have association with a legit group that would deal with this kind of thing, I'd appreciate to know the name.  This will totally be a donation, I just want it to go to someone who truly can use it.  A national group, or one that operates in NC would be good.  Now that I type that, it occurs to me that I could call Ft. Bragg.  But I'll take your suggestions first.

TIA!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm not a veteran, but maybe VFW?

I know that you want to put it to good use, and they may (or may not) be able to find a legit person that needs it.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Wounded Warriors Project? Local VA hospital? Local VFW? If they won't take it I'm sure they could provide resources for you.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Little Blue

Good suggestions!  I just emailed the local Wounded Warrior Project, and if they can't help, I'll run up to the local VFW hall.

Thanks!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good suggestions!  I just emailed the local Wounded Warrior Project, and if they can't help, I'll run up to the local VFW hall.

Thanks!

Also check and see if you have a Paralyzed Veterans of America chapter in your area.  I am always donating stuff to Texas Paralyzed Veterans, they can always use stuff.  Not only that, you can make an arrangement when you call them where they will come to you and get the stuff.

Thanks for thinking of the veterans for your donation!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Little Blue

Also check and see if you have a Paralyzed Veterans of America chapter in your area.  I am always donating stuff to Texas Paralyzed Veterans, they can always use stuff.  Not only that, you can make an arrangement when you call them where they will come to you and get the stuff.

Thanks for thinking of the veterans for your donation!

Added to the list.