Beginners and Beyond

Dailies! (Read 57 times)

Birdwell

I've been looking for a while, and haven't any answers.

Why are there always two daily threads over here? I see people posting in both and there seems to be lots of duplication.

i don't know where to post!!!!! i am so confused! Is there some secret handshake I need to know?

Docket_Rocket

There are two:

Regular dailies - Everybody can post

Penguins - Everybody can post but most of the penguins (slower or beginner runners) post there

Most of us post in both.

Feel free to post on either or both.  Welcome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I've been looking for a while, and haven't any answers.

Why are there always two daily threads over here? I see people posting in both and there seems to be lots of duplication.

i don't know where to post!!!!! i am so confused! Is there some secret handshake I need to know?

Take a poke around and jump on in to either, I say!

Yes, there is a secret handshake, but we don't teach you that until you have passed the hazing.  And PGDave will be in touch about your photoshoot for the club pages.

Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Bahahaha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

And they say the Penguins group has gotten really boring....

:ducks:

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Birdwell

If everyone is double posting, why not just combine the two?

How do I know if I'm a penguin? I think I resemble am emu more than a penguin.

mta: I have this thing about posting pictures of myself on the intrawebs. I don't do it (pictorial evidence is a no-no in my line of work). I'll have to pass on the photoshoot.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Emu's are MUCH faster than a penguin, I would hate to be face to face with an Emu and no protection.

I think it's a matter of indecision......... or just because it's fun this way Cool

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

mta: I have this thing about posting pictures of myself on the intrawebs. I don't do it (pictorial evidence is a no-no in my line of work). I'll have to pass on the photoshoot.

Probably a good call. lol

I only post in the main dailies, but mostly because I can barely keep up with the personals there!  I don't know if I could follow more than one.  But do whatever you want - hey, if you want to start an emu dailies group, have at it.  I bet there are some of us who would relate to a flightless bird.  :P

Docket_Rocket

the explanation is in the penguin introduction (first post) on the dailies.

People have talked about combining them but most of us like it the way it is.  Some forumites do not feel comfortable posting on the dailies and like their little niche of penguins. Some of us never leave the Penguin thread even if we don't consider ourselves beginners or penguins.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I have my own super secret dailies thread that I post to.  I'm still looking for someone worthy of allowing into my daily thread.  My search continues.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Birdwell

I have my own super secret dailies thread that I post to.  I'm still looking for someone worthy of allowing into my daily thread.  My search continues.

Is there an application process which I could start?

So long as I don't have to post "selfies", I may be a quality candidate.