Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins Weekend (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Brilliant, our Oktoberfest will be like Traci's, some kind of Oktoberfest beer and college football.

Congrats Obie on the C25K training.

on my way to badass

Goood job Team TJ! Happy Birthday Damaris! Going to bed soon. I'm getting up at 4:30 am to get to my race. Gun is at 7:25

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PADRunner

Hope every ones having a good weekend. Happy Late BDay D. Good luck SF.

11 done this morning and iced the knees.

Zelanie

Hooray for Obie running again!

Good luck, SG!

Hope the knees are cooperating, PAD.

I will be heading out in a bit to take part in the Blerchy festivities.

on my way to badass

2:43Tight lippedx unofficialy. No idea what my chip time is. First half was awesome. Not sure what happened in the second half. Will do a RR tomorrow.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

tracilynn

Great job SF! I look forward to your RR. half marathoner. Woohoo!

welcome back Obie

nice 11 pad

I did 5 this morning.  Rolled and compression sleeves today. I hope the shins stay happy.  PLEASE BEGGING.

Have a good Sunday everyone

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  20 miles done.

StoneFence, congrats!  Looking forward to the RR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

D: Great run!

I just ran five miles and it felt ok. Coming back from injury is strange. I want to go out and run fast, especially after watch DD race last night, but I know I need to keep it nice and easy.

Hope y'all are doing well.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

12.5 for us on a beautiful fall morning.  Ankles needed some stretching last few miles, but feeling good otherwise.

Congrats "Bad Ass" SF.

Glad the 5 went okay Jack.  Like the XC pix.

Bring on Chicago D.

Fingers crossed for the shins, Traci.

Nice race shirt, Zel.

Take care of the knees, PAD.

Enjoy 2nd day of Oktoberfest.

Docket_Rocket

12.5 for us on a beautiful fall morning.  Ankles needed some stretching last few miles, but feeling good otherwise.

Congrats "Bad Ass" SF.

Glad the 5 went okay Jack.  Like the XC pix.

Bring on Chicago D.

Fingers crossed for the shins, Traci.

Nice race shirt, Zel.

Take care of the knees, PAD.

Enjoy 2nd day of Oktoberfest.

Hey, I still have my peak week next week, so don't count victory yet!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Obie - I'm glad you're off the injured list and back to running.  Good luck.

PAD - good job on the 11.  Sorry the knees are hurting though.

Z - I hope you had fun at the race.

Stonefence - congratulations on finishing your half.  Looking forward to the RR.  Usually when you fall apart in the second half of your race, it's either that you went out too fast (race day excitement and a good taper make those first miles feel so easy!) or just not a strong enough base.  Both are fixable.

Tracilynn - are you starting to feel twinges?  I hope the shins behave!

Damaris - good job on the 20.

Jack - it must be hard for you to just run easy.  I'm glad you're listening to your body though.  Any pain?

Jerry - I'm glad you got cool weather for your long run.  We're having a last blast of summer here.

AFM:  Not feeling inspired for a long run, so I did intervals on the TM instead.  .

PADRunner

PAD - good job on the 11.  Sorry the knees are hurting though.

Knees aren't really hurting, just preventive.  I started icing them after long runs. Seems to help the next day.

From the Internet.

Checking in late - ran 9 miserable sweaty nauseous miles midday (WTF happened to fall?? 80F with 70DP) and had to eat ice cream and take a nap under a million blankets to recover. 27.6 for the week, one more solid week of training to go and then I can just coast into race day! Big grin

Amazonian Princess

Belated Happy Birthday, DR!

A rest day today completes week 7 of Coach Jenny Hadfield's run:walk half marathon training plan. Did seven miles yesterday and it was the first time I used the increments on the plan (I usually shorten the walk breaks and/or increase the running time) It's the longest LR I've had and I learned 2 things:

• I only thought I couldn't do it because I'd never done it (need to keep reminding myself of that 
                              • there's a difference between applying deodorant and applying enough deodorant 

Have a great what's-left-of-the-weekend, Penguins!

I can. I will. I am. 

Zelanie

Had a great time, met the Oatmeal, ate cake and Nutella sandwiches, and made it back home. I'll try to do a Scottydawg sstyle RR in a bit.