Beginners and Beyond

What says you, internet peoples? (Read 216 times)

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

Well, whether you take it or not, it's great to know you're really wanted.  It's, like, so totally the opposite of being banned from a group that insists you were only kicked out and that you wouldn't want to post to in the first place.  So, there's that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Birdwell

I would say take it.  Short term pain for long term gain.  Sounds like you could move to somewhere between the new job and DH's job, to cut down on the commute for both of you.  Money is great, but you really  need to be happy with what you're doing and it sounds like you're not happy at all in your current job and the new job is just what you're looking for.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? Smile

+1

No more marathons

Actually... he's basically said "name your price".   So the counter offer is really up to me.   Can I be bought?   Possibly.  lol

Oski, I'm most likely old enough to be your father, so I'll give you the same advice I've given to all of my children.

If you choose to take a course of action and later decide that that was not for you, then you have the option of changing.

If you choose to forego an opprotunity , then you will be forever wondering "what if".

Best I can do.  Good luck with whatever you decide tomorrow.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Dave

Will run for scenery.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

LOL

I didn't take the job.   I could have... and I could have had a big jump in salary, but in the end, I didn't want to be away from home that much.

I still hate my current job, but I can at least come home at lunch to run... or clean up dog puke like I did Monday. lol

Dr. Cornsitter

LOL

I didn't take the job.   I could have... and I could have had a big jump in salary, but in the end, I didn't want to be away from home that much.

I still hate my current job, but I can at least come home at lunch to run... or clean up dog puke like I did Monday. lol

Thanks for the update! Another opportunity will come along and you won't have to sacrifice as much to be happy. Good luck!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for the update.  Sorry the opportunity didn't work Out.  I am sure another opportunity will come soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

Probably the best choice.  Driving that much would really suck. And a sucky job does have its upside; nothing fuels a hard run like a sweet, sweet fit o' blind rage.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!