Beginners and Beyond

Showering in the a.m. before a race??? (Read 162 times)

I don't wash my hair. It's now past the middle of my back, so I place it into a bun and wear a wide headband to keep it off my face and neck while running.

I relax and give myself a nice, warm usually, usually also taking the time to buff my hooves, so that they resemble human feet.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I don't see the point...heck, after a run (particularly in hot weather), I look like I just took a shower instead of needing one really bad.

MrNamtor

It's the third time I read you mention this. I'm starting to believe that you really do this. You scare me. Big grin

More importantly I scare my opposition. hehe just kidding. I don't take a shower before a race but I do shower the day before.

That thing about the bed of skin flakes is true, btw. There are actually small mites living in almost every mattress that live off of eating your dead skin flakes. Totally true.

That thing about the bed of skin flakes is true, btw. There are actually small mites living in almost every mattress that live off of eating your dead skin flakes. Totally true.

They are of course called dust mites, because they eat dust, the vast majority of which is human skin flakes. And naturally when an organism  eats, it leaves something behind. For people with dust allergies, the actual allergen is the dust mite poop in your mattress. And your pillows.

Dave

happylily

They are of course called dust mites, because they eat dust, the vast majority of which is human skin flakes. And naturally when an organism  eats, it leaves something behind. For people with dust allergies, the actual allergen is the dust mite poop in your mattress. And your pillows.

Meh... so I wake up in the morning covered in mite poop and skin flakes, and I do not shower. I'm also full of wormy parasites inside of me because I eat meat. And I work on a daily basis with little kids who often have white worms coming out of their lttle butts. Oh and I give free kisses. Anyone wants one? Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I have enough crap as it is in my race day morning routine to add anything else.  If it works for people though absolutely go for it.

The most important thing for me is to wake up at least three hours before a race, four if it's a marathon.

Buelligan

One of my pre-race rituals is to take as cold a shower as I can.   This won't be so cold in the winter, but in the summer it's usually just cold water only by the end of the shower.

#artbydmcbride

I never shower before a race.  I hope my stench keeps folks from passing me.

Backfires, they may run faster to get ahead of your stench!  funk floats downwind!

Runners run

Docket_Rocket

And they are evil.  I am severely allergy to those fuckers.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MrNamtor

And they are evil.  I am severely allergy to those fuckers.

Here's one of these cuties

Docket_Rocket

Die!

I am lethally allergic to one other thing but apparently, this is the cause of my asthma going berserk.  One year of shots and it has improved a lot.  Die!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I ate a Chinese dumpling that looked like that, last weekend. Interesting...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I don't wash my hair. It's now past the middle of my back, so I place it into a bun and wear a wide headband to keep it off my face and neck while running.

I relax and give myself a nice, warm usually, usually also taking the time to buff my hooves, so that they resemble human feet.

You don't completely cover your hair? I had gotten the impression that you were fruma.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Hip Redux

I am lucky if I get up in time to get a warm up in before the race, hell no I don't shower before hand. lol

Rubybaby43

enabler

I shower before my HMs...partly because I don't want to feel any leg hairs IF my legs should happen rub together.

I don't know why I said partly.  I don't know what the other part is.  I guess it just helps me wake up.  It keeps my body "in the routine" of daily morning life...if you know what I mean. Wink

KLO

more miles = more beer