Beginners and Beyond

Terrific TUESDAILIES (Read 53 times)

B-Plus

Lol, thanks guys. I bandaged up. I recently manscaped my chest, so it shouldn't be too painful to peel those off. TMI? lol.

Matt - Other than getting smoked by the kiddos, how did you feel? I bet a couple days of easy runs and you'll feel like you didn't miss a beat.

My Bodyglide-less run consisted of 9.7 miles @ 7:44 w/ 2 x 15 min @ 6:46 and 6:48 pace. 2 min recovery in between. The plan was to keep the intervals a bit slower ~ around 7:00/mile pace, since I have a race this weekend, but I'm satisfied that I didn't run myself into the ground.

Later

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice running everyone

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm loving that we're all getting into the meat of our plans right now...so fun to see all these interval and tempo workouts as opposed to just "slogged 10 miles in the snow as best I could." The signs of Spring are everywhere!

Nice runs Bruce and BPlus.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

My Bodyglide-less run consisted of 9.7 miles @ 7:44 w/ 2 x 15 min @ 6:46 and 6:48 pace. 2 min recovery in between. The plan was to keep the intervals a bit slower ~ around 7:00/mile pace, since I have a race this weekend, but I'm satisfied that I didn't run myself into the ground.

Looks like a winner!

Nice running Bruce, D2, and Bill.  Way to get back at it Matt!

Dan, as long as it works (the 305) rock it!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm loving that we're all getting into the meat of our plans right now...so fun to see all these interval and tempo workouts as opposed to just "slogged 10 miles in the snow as best I could." The signs of Spring are everywhere!

Nice runs Bruce and BPlus.

LOL, signs of spring and I'm so sore I couldn't do but an easy 4 today. Which is OK - it's good to get the legs moving after 2 days off!

Spring is in the air, though. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

LOL, signs of spring and I'm so sore I couldn't do but an easy 4 today. Which is OK - it's good to get the legs moving after 2 days off!

Spring is in the air, though. Smile

True, running easy is good, even if it doesn't feel easy sometimes.

B-Plus

Yep, I'm expecting some big things from all of us!!

I've been doing a Hudson-esque plan and just realized last night I forgot about the hill sprints. Doh! Well, I'm not about to start now since I'm on week 8. I'll just add strides a couple times a week.

BruceD555

kristin10185- Nice job on the 2 rainy miles this morning Sorry you had Garmin problems but it looks like you had lots of advice from folks already. (I’d only add to look at your map/track to see if it was “jumpy” and then maybe do a soft reset – not sure on the 10)

Pinktastic- It sounds like you had a nice run this morning. BTW, I take feeling easier as a good thing that means you’re getting stronger.

BasyaSpiliakos- Nice job on the workouts this morning – in spite of waking up late.

DCDan78- Have fun with the 3 miles … though I’m betting the rain will hang around just to spite you.

Docket_Rocket- Have a fun trip and great race this weekend.

LRB- Nice run today and down to a single shirt – score! Those splits look very nice to me

Outoftheblue- Hope you enjoyed your SRD and coffee with huevos rancheros sounds fabulous for breakfast.

Happylily- I’m starting to think you’re stalking my workouts … first a 15 miler now 9 with intervals. Make sure you do them all because I don’t want to have to go out and run one more for you. Hope you get your internet back soon!

AprilRunner- Sounds like you had a fun fartleky run today in the rain!

DaveP MI- Good job on the 6 miles … With the Monty Python picture I immediately thought of “Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition” when you said the line about the snow.

Ric-G- Nice job on the miles @ pace today!

FreeSoul87- I’m right there with you on the weather front. I say kill that stupid groundhog.

Scottydawg- Wow … you definitely deserve another sheet of paper.  Great job on the run today as well!

So_Im_a_Runner- Nice run today and those are some excellent splits for the intervals! Kudos on a strong run.

Dtothe2nd- Good job on keeping those 7.4 on the easy side of things. Wow, 66 degrees … I can’t remember the last time I saw those temps.

Luke79- Nice sandwich today and I don’t think you’ll have any problem for your May 4th race. Just keep adding in those miles each week and it’ll come.

MarjorieAnn3137- Ughh … waiting for a connecting flight is not one of my favorites. Good job on the early 10.2

B-Plus- Yep, TMI. Nice bodyglide-less run with good consistency on both intervals.

RunTomRun- Nice job on the 4 miles in some wonderful conditions.

Mattchiro- Sorry you’ve been ailing lately but hopefully things are good for your half this weekend.  Pesky kids … all that talent is wasted on the youth!

Yep, I agree that it's fun to see everyone kicking in more quality workouts as race season starts to ramp up. Hopefully the weather will cooperate soon and make it look like race season.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Hip Redux

You could also convert the meters to miles and run them on the road if there is no track.

+1 I almost always do my intervals minus a track - just set the watch to beep at whatever interval I'm looking at doing, it makes it pretty brainless.  Beep - run, beep - recovery, etc.

The only thing is you need a relatively flat area without traffic lights, which for me is a 1 mile stretch around the corner.  The neighbors must think I'm nuts or canvasing their houses, running back and forth lol.   I still think it's better than 'round and 'round a track, for me, mentally.

I also will do intervals based on HR recovery, but only if I feel like wearing the HRM.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

kristin10185- Nice job on the 2 rainy miles this morning Sorry you had Garmin problems but it looks like you had lots of advice from folks already. (I’d only add to look at your map/track to see if it was “jumpy” and then maybe do a soft reset – not sure on the 10)

Yeah I was running late this morning and didn't get to load my workout onto GarminConnect until I got home and my map looked like I was drunkenly zig zagging around the road.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Lol, thanks guys. I bandaged up. I recently manscaped my chest, so it shouldn't be too painful to peel those off. TMI? lol.

Matt - Other than getting smoked by the kiddos, how did you feel? I bet a couple days of easy runs and you'll feel like you didn't miss a beat.

Later

I felt ok; legs were fresher than I expected.  I felt a little winded but I figure that's residual effect from fighting the infection for the last few weeks.  I'll get some good feedback from the Half this weekend as I've never missed this much time during any training cycle.

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

5.4 recovery pace

FreeSoul87, I, too, am eager for this cold weather to take a leave of absence.

scottydawg, I'm relieved that you don't have to undergo surgery and that you can continue leading an active life.

AprilRunner, great five-miler.

SIAR, sweet 10.56.

Dave, great run, great pace.

Luke, fantastic tempo mix.

MarjorieAnn3137, brava fitting 10.2 into a very busy day.

Tom, sweet post-work four-miler.

Mattchiro, bravo on the six. Good luck with your half this weekend.

BruceD555, excellent VO2max 9.2.

Fuzzy, terrific recovery 5.4.

Parent-teacher conferences are done. By the time they finished, it was too late to go to the gym, so I did light weight training for my upper body with run bells, ab work, and another round of thirty push-ups (I'd forgotten that I'd done a set before work this morning).

My toe is much less swollen. Icing and elevating throughout the day, as well as massaging it with arnica gel tonight,have it looking almost normal. I still don't know what happened. I don't remember hurting it when I took a tumble yesterday.

pae

Monday was an SRD for me.  Tonight (it's still Tuesday here), I did an easy 3 miles with a few co-workers.  First time I've actually done a run with people I knew.  Tomorrow will be an 8 miler with 3 miles at tempo pace.