Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins are MIA (Read 20 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

Can't believe nobody posted a thread today.  Everybody must be out enjoying the nice weather.

I did an 11 mile long run/trail run today in the state forest.  I started out following gravel roads, but then hopped on the AT for the return stretch.  I really suck at trail running.  I've fine when the trail is gentle and smooth, but this is PA, so the trail doesn't stay that way for long.  Dancing through rocks is slow and I ended up walking the steep climbs and descents.  Still, it was a beautiful day to be outdoors (low 60's and sunny).  DH took Ben for a short hike on the trail, since neither of us wanted to be indoors on such a gorgeous day.

hog4life

Hi Ginny, weather here has been crappy. There's a break in the rain right now, thinking about trying a quick run before it starts again. Nice job on the 11.

Docket_Rocket

We be slacking!

I did nothing.  Was planning to run but decided not to.  RR from the race has been posted.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page