Beginners and Beyond

I Ran... (Read 118 times)

Better I Leave

...and it was good. **smiles**

It's been over a week since I made the decision to back off due to a low grade pain in my hip. Tonight I went downstairs to lift. I did an good overall body routine...but the treadmill beckoned me...

As I was performing my sets, increasing weights, I was thinking how good my hip has been feeling. I was thinking about my forthcoming half marathon...and the treadmill called my name...

So there I was toward the end of my routine when destiny called..."Kickstart My Heart" began playing. I was left with no choice...

The treadmill cried out over the rocking tune...RUN YOU SUMBITCH!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!!

And so I ran...and it was good.

I didn't run long, but I ran. Just 1.5 miles at a nice easy pace of 10:00.

I jumped off feeling "giddy"...I ran...and felt good.

I'm gonna get through this next half pain free. I may not make my goal as I've reassessed that, but I will do this, get through it...feeling strong.

Big grin

After taking a sabbatical from running due to an injury/pain, does anyone else feel "giddy" when they get back to it and feel great afterward? 

Docket_Rocket

Yay.  Glad it was good.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

---Seems like a cycle for me.  Feel great running!  Then a slight bit of an injury so I lay off, I get bummed about having to cut back...

Then I get back to full speed again + all is awesome again :-)  --- Till the next nagging injury, or potential injury mandating that I cut back again...  But yep indeed, always great to get back at it again. And if it was a short time span where the injury occurred, seem to come back really refreshed + full of energy.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yes! Very, very giddy!!!

I'm glad your hip is feeling better and held up for you to run! Fingers crossed that it is behind you!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Better I Leave

Thanks guys. It's a great feeling. Gawd we runners are a sick bunch, eh? Wink LOL!

I won't run tomorrow...just lift, and then maybe shoot for an easy 3 on Friday.

RSX

Congrats. Hopefully the hip pain goes away soon.

Luke79

Glad you had a good little run after a break.  Honestly, my first run back after 2 weeks off was a bit awkward.

I know how you feel when a certain song just makes you want to run, and I love the "run you sumbitch" :P

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

A sick bunch, yes. I, for example, am currently trying to figure out just how bad this major winter storm really is because I want to run outside. I guarentee there are few other people, if barely any, trying to be outside right now. But I wanna RUN dammit!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Village people

I was expecting, " so far away. I couldn't get away"

I'm glad that you are on the mend.

Mmmmm...beer

Glad to hear it!  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Great news Dave, slow and Easy is the key now.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Yes, I also had the same experience yesterday. The challenge will be to avoid ramping back up too quickly.

Dave

Little Blue

Yep.  I took a long time (months) off from running for a NRR foot problem.  I still walked a lot.  I finally said "screw it, I'm running."  My very first run was a 5K.  I crossed the start line not knowing if I would run, walk, or DNF.  I ran.  And it didn't hurt.  I ran the whole thing, and it still didn't hurt.  Almost a year later, and it still doesn't hurt. Big grin

Take care of that hip and get back at it!

delicate flower

Great to hear it, Dave!

<3

Dr. Cornsitter

Sounds like the perfect way to ease your way back into it!

P.S. My foot is feeling a little better. I'm thinking one more week before I can take a test run like you Smile

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.