Beginners and Beyond

Insomniac WEDNESDAILIES (Read 44 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Glad you have a plan Jay and a direction.

LRB

I have a battery of core strength, balance, and stretching exercises to do...

Where running is concerned It seems to always come back to those three things.  Do not despair, you are but the next in a very long line of runners who have had to go through it firsthand.

Docket_Rocket

Zelanie - sweet!  What a contrast - they walk hundreds of kilometers to visit a church, while here we have drive-thru wedding chapels in Vegas.

So!  PT thinks it is garden variety overuse/strain of a weak glute medius.  He checked for imbalances, found nothing damning, and definitively ruled out sciatic and bursitis issues.  I have a battery of core strength, balance, and stretching exercises to do and am to run 10 minutes a day after biking, while continuing to ice frequently.  Once the pain has dropped to zero, I'll be allowed to start ramping up run time again with focus on better mechanics.  Sounds like a plan.

sounds like something you can work with!

z, hola!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Fortunately, I got through the Pilates instructor's head to treat me nice this week as I have the marathon.  So, she worked my arms and core to death.   At least, the legs were not worked into submission. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Glad you got a diagnosis Jay. It's also a great reminder to the rest of us who think we're invincible not to neglect that stuff (I probably still will).

LRB

(I probably still will).

Of course you will, there is no reason not to...until there is.

LRB

Fortunately, I got through the Pilates instructor's head to treat me nice this week as I have the marathon.  So, she worked my arms and core to death.   At least, the legs were not worked into submission. 

No pre-race massage?

Docket_Rocket

No pre-race massage?

Tomorrow!

Damaris

Fundraising Page