Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Let Your Inner Child Out To Play! (Read 36 times)

GinnyinPA

Jack - sounds like you found a good therapist.  How did your legs get so tied up in knots?  Race?

T-Rod - at least in Houston, trail runs aren't likely to be steep and rocky.  Have fun.  Is it free for everyone, or did you get it as a 2 fer or race series?

AFM:  I ended up doing 3.25 on the TM since I doubt I'll want to be running in the snow tomorrow.  By Sunday it should be gone, at least from the roads.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty- its near rIchmond, tx. Just outside of Houston. At Brazos bend state park. It's a free race

Tomas, you know why it's free, right?

Cuz you might get eaten by Gators!

I ran in that park a few years ago...and here are a few fellows I met along the way....these are photos I took of them along one of the trails......

Definitely an inducement to run faster if they get too close to you!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

I got my 1 mile in and it was lovely Smile Lots of pre-emptive massage and icing in store for me tonight - I haven't gotten up the nerve to peel off the compression sleeves yet either. Felt good while I was running though; I feel about a million times stronger than I used to.

tracilynn

Yikes! I hear that alligators can run as fast as a horse for short distances!  Better wear some fast shoes on that trail

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Hope Tomas sees that before going, ha!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

5.71 done, 45 degrees and drizzle, it was kind of nice.

Sloooow.

Always a late comer in this game Smile

2.1 miles easy, followed by 30 minutes of walking. Only need another mile over the next two days to beat my weekly mileage record.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack - sounds like you found a good therapist.  How did your legs get so tied up in knots?  Race?

T-Rod - at least in Houston, trail runs aren't likely to be steep and rocky.  Have fun.  Is it free for everyone, or did you get it as a 2 fer or race series?

AFM:  I ended up doing 3.25 on the TM since I doubt I'll want to be running in the snow tomorrow.  By Sunday it should be gone, at least from the roads.

Ginny: any number of things: too many miles, few rest days, old shoes, too many hills, age, lack of potassium, etc...

Mmmmm...beer

My first snow run ever, it was great!!  8.1 miles in the snow, and it was still snowing. Smile  Overdressed tho, just because it's snowing, doesn't mean you need a jacket lol  Running with a jacket tied around your waist is really annoying.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Scotty- its near rIchmond, tx. Just outside of Houston. At Brazos bend state park. It's a free race

Tomas, you know why it's free, right?

Cuz you might get eaten by Gators!

I ran in that park a few years ago...and here are a few fellows I met along the way....these are photos I took of them along one of the trails......

Definitely an inducement to run faster if they get too close to you!

Looks like I need a big knife and I might get some new boots out of the deal Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

" I ran in that park a few years ago...and here are a few fellows I met along the way....these are photos I took of them along one of the trails...."..

Cancelling my Texas road trip to run with Scotty !!!!!    Smile

Zelanie

Jerry- Congrats on the new shoes!  Hope you enjoy them as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Jack- Wow, glad you are feeling better!