Beginners and Beyond

Freaky Fridailies (Read 37 times)

LRB

Well after walking around in these new shoes for about an hour I realize I don't like them, it's weird how you can immediately tell when a pair of shoes don't fit you right....

Yep, I can sometimes tell as soon as I stand up.  Other times I will need to take a few steps running before I know, and still others require an accumulation of mileage.

Was a slacker genius today. Was supposed to do a 4.5 easy in the heat and humidity, and ended up having a pint and a pizza instead, on a terrace. Was hot and humid still but I didn't sweat as much

FYP.

Dave

LRB

FYP.

lol

Not sure how much you were out today but I stepped out of my car to talk to a guy on a job site and felt something crawling down my back after like 3 minutes; it was sweat!

Not sure how much you were out today but I stepped out of my car to talk to a guy on a job site and felt something crawling down my back after like 3 minutes; it was sweat!

Stuck inside from 8-5, but walking out at 5 was like stepping into an oven. Just glad we're not having this tomorrow! But, rain.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yep, I can sometimes tell as soon as I stand up.  Other times I will need to take a few steps running before I know, and still others require an accumulation of mileage.

Yeah, they didn't feel right the moment I tied them but I figured I would just need to walk around in them and maybe even break them in with a run, but no way.... it's way too obvious these shoes aren't for me. Sucks, because I love the colors 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Was a slacker today. Was supposed to do a 4.5 easy in the heat and humidity, and ended up having a pint and a pizza instead, on a terrace. Was hot and humid still but I didn't sweat as much

I had the worst work day of my life. The first happy moment of that day was right after work, when I quickly swallowed a Smirnoff ice and chewed on a cold piece of pizza, on the verge of tears due to my hard day. Then I ran 8 miles in 31*C  and a gazillion *C dewpoint and almost threw up. Now I just want to be buried in cool earth... That is all.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hmm... Suck.

I had the worst work day of my life. The first happy moment of that day was right after work, when I quickly swallowed a Smirnoff ice and chewed on a cold piece of pizza, on the verge of tears due to my hard day. Then I ran 8 miles in 31*C  and a gazillion *C dewpoint and almost threw up. Now I just want to be buried in cool earth... That is all.

LRB

Stuck inside from 8-5, but walking out at 5 was like stepping into an oven. Just glad we're not having this tomorrow! But, rain.

A storm just came through over here on the east side and the sky went from daylight to midnight dark literally in the blink of an eye!

A storm just came through over here on the east side and the sky went from daylight to midnight dark literally in the blink of an eye!

We get those before you, so yeah. Lights flickered.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Sorry about your day, Lily!

It was feels like 100F and dewpoint of 76-77 and I decided to run outside.  It wasn't actually that bad.  Not fast by any means because it was a BIT HOT, but one of the best feeling runs in forever.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

We get those before you, so yeah. Lights flickered.

Uh oh, coming your way as usual Jay!

Cyberic

FYP.

Thanks for the support Big grin

The question I asked myself was: is this run going to change anything at all in my upcoming race. The answer was an absolute no.

Some thunder storms tonight and I think the temps are going to cool down.

Sorry about your day lily.

Cyberic

Sorry about your day, Lily!

It was feels like 100F and dewpoint of 76-77 and I decided to run outside.  It wasn't actually that bad.  Not fast by any means because it was a BIT HOT, but one of the best feeling runs in forever.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sucksville for sure 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)