Beginners and Beyond

Waddeling Monday Penguins (Read 20 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi Pens!

I did an accidental medium long run during which my GPS crashed and I lost my unlimited metrocard - at least there were only 8 days left on it. Ugh. I can hope that someone picked it up and is getting use out of it. I estimated my distance in my log as 6.8 miles - I was only intending to do 4. I aimed low - I think it was closer to 7 miles. Time is also an estimate because there was a fair bit of stoppage time as I ran back to look for my metro card.  Now I'm running later for work than I'd like and didn't get the time to do certain housework that I'd planned to get done before leaving.  Eep.  Today was a Murphy's law kind of day for sure.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

sapf -- sounds like an adventure, and not the good kind!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

2 miles for us.  I wanted to run 1, dw wanted 3.  Not the kind of streaking you do, Scotty.    !!!!

GinnyinPA

You know Tolkien's definition of an adventure, "A nasty uncomfortable thing that makes you late to dinner."  Sorry you're having such a bad day sapf.

I ended up with 11.4 on a beautiful sunny 53 degree day.  Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and 40, so I'm happy I was able to enjoy today.

Brilliant

Ginny, nice 11.4!  Higdon doesn't include speedwork on the Intermediate plans, but he does include "pace" runs.  They are supposed to be at your race pace, so for me, I decided race pace will be half marathon until Feb 1.  I'll let you know how that plan works out for me on March 15!