Beginners and Beyond

I Sustained A Sleeping Injury (Read 150 times)

Buelligan

And not a good one because of acrobatic sex moves, but one that I got from sleeping in a funny position apparently.   I woke up with a funny twinge in my right shoulder and now I can't raise my arm in front of me without a searing sharp pain shooting through my shoulder joint.  What the hell?  I lifted weights yesterday pretty heavy, but it was squat night.  Oh how I hate squat night, but that's not what caused this problem.

It won't keep me from running, but still,  I'm a defenseless as a kitten.  What if this is the day aliens invade, or worse, what if I'm attacked by their alien kittens?  What then?  What then?

Ow... I just tried raising my arm again.  No go.  No go.

Hip Redux

I have managed to do that more than once.   The only cure for me are the good opioids, which also will make you feel invincible against alien kitties.

#artbydmcbride

Rotator cuff tear.  Start planning your surgical repair ....make an appointment.

Runners run

Docket_Rocket

I have done things like that.  Hope it feels better.

It makes you wonder if you WERE doing sexual acrobatics in a dream.

Maybe you fell and don't remember?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Walk-Jogger

Sleeping injuries can be very serious. My DW is a college professor, and had a male student once who went to Germany on a study abroad program. Whilst there he partied a bit too hard one night, and got plastered beyond the point where one ought to stop drinking, and then fell asleep. When he awoke the next day, the arm he had apparently spent the entire time sleeping on was damaged severely due to cut off circulation and the damage was permanent. I didn't actually see it, but I picture a somewhat shriveled arm that swings uselessly at his side, ala Bob Dole's bad arm, which of course was due to WWII German machine gun fire and not stupid-careless drinking.

Retired &  Loving It

Buelligan

None of the replies made me feel any better.   Rotator cuff tear?  How the hell could that happen in my sleep?

I blame this all on an old girlfriend who trained me to sleep on my side to keep from snoring.  It's her fault.  I should call her and tell her.

She needs to come get her cat, too.

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

I've threw my back out during the night. (no wild sex, just turned funny and "yeow!")  The only thing that got it back "in" was yoga.  It took a few months of twisting and stretching and suddenly, POP, I felt the disc that was out pop in and the pain in my back and side went away.  I was just about to look into going to a chiro as a last resort.

Hopefully it is just a strained muscle from sleeping in a bad position.

DH was lifting heavy about 15 years ago, pulled something in his shoulder and now can't sleep on that side.  Hopefully you didn't permanently injure it.

MrNamtor

wonder if something like this isn't happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LzMAXqu8qU

bobruns

None of the replies made me feel any better.   Rotator cuff tear?  How the hell could that happen in my sleep?

I blame this all on an old girlfriend who trained me to sleep on my side to keep from snoring.  It's her fault.  I should call her and tell her.

She needs to come get her cat, too.

Ooooo...I have DH sleeping on his side for the same reason.  I hope he doesn't get your kitten disease.

P.S.  you have mentioned that cat before...I think you have grown fond of it...just making note...Roll eyes

Buelligan

P.S.  you have mentioned that cat before...I think you have grown fond of it...just making note...Roll eyes

You are correct... I am very fond of my ex-girlfriend's pussy.

MrNamtor

You are correct... I am very fond of my ex-girlfriend's pussy.

Time to move on my friend.

LRB

You dreamed you were pitching in the World Series, and got a little carried away?

Do you have the bar in the wrong spot when doing squats?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

You dreamed you were pitching in the World Series, and got a little carried away?

Is that what it's called now? I'm turning into an old fart:/

Mostly harmless

One time I dreamed I ate the biggest marshmallow in the world. I woke up and my pillow was gone.

I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

But seriously, is it better today? Usually my sleeping injuries don't last more than a day or two.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi