Beginners and Beyond

Before and After (Read 222 times)

Mostly harmless

Maybe there have been other threads like this already but I'm too lazy to look.  I was looking at my pictures from my race last weekend on MarathonFoto's website and I found that they still have pictures up there from my first HM in 2010.  I was a little shocked to see the difference in my body from three years ago.  I was about 30 pounds heavier than I am now and I haven't seen these in a long time.  Anyone else have "before and after" pictures they want to share?

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

delicate flower

I started running in early 2011.  I was at my peak weight at the time (202).  The tight fitting jersey on the left is an extra large.  The loose one on the right is a large.  I've been holding steady in the 150's, though I have a couple of knee surgery and vacation pounds I'd like to shed.  No worries about those though.  I can no longer wear those first two shirts because they are way too big.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Congrats to both!

This is me during my first marathon:

And during the one this weekend, 2.5 years later:

Legs are the most telling.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Guys... Roll eyes You looked great before and you look great now.... No, actually, you all look awesome now. So congratulations! Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

There's a great thread here with before and after photos too!

Birdwell

+1

(sometimes it's good to explore the main forums tooSmile, they're really not all that scary)

Love the Half

This is before I started running.

This is from my first 5K in July, 2008.  Mind you, I was already down 30 pounds from my heaviest by this point.  Those are Nike Shox by the way.

Here is one from September, 2008

This is from May, 2011.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Docket_Rocket

Yes, but what if we want to keep it in house, eh?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I was anxiously waiting to see if we would be blessed by LTH's white pants and red shirt picture.:-) So glad he posted it! What a badass transformation!

Mostly harmless

Yes, but what if we want to keep it in house, eh?

I don't mind cross posting. :-)

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Docket_Rocket

True, although the thread is 6 months old.  Thanks for reviving it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I have shared some photos on the other thread, but let's make this race specific.

Here is me in May 2011, about to walk my first 5K.   I am in the green shirt.  I had already lost 10 pounds or so, and I was stoked to be able to walk the distance.  I trained for it, just to be able to walk it, and was tired for the rest of the day afterwards.

Here I am in April, 2013, finishing my first half:

happylily

Wow.. Zelanie!!! Bravo!!!

I have shared some photos on the other thread, but let's make this race specific.

Here is me in May 2011, about to walk my first 5K.   I am in the green shirt.  I had already lost 10 pounds or so, and I was stoked to be able to walk the distance.  I trained for it, just to be able to walk it, and was tired for the rest of the day afterwards.

Here I am in April, 2013, finishing my first half:

Dad on the run.

These pictures are all amazing and really show what the human body is capable of when people put their minds to it.

Here I am at my largest this was way before I decided to start running. I was this weight for quite a while. I was around 240-245lbs

And here I am from just a few weeks ago at our Lima Foxtrot 5k - 198lbs

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Christmas at my Parents - about 365 lbs

a year later- thrift store shopping- damn i wish I had spent the $12 on that jacket.

Race on Sunday- 2nd marathon - 13 months of running.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas