Beginners and Beyond

The Ultimate Runner’s Guide to Achilles Tendon Injuries? (Read 50 times)

LRB

I am just putting this out there just in case you ever need it for reference.  Unfortunately, I could not copy and paste the info from the website but you can find it all here (linky dinky doo).

The question mark appears in the title because I am not convinced that there is one site or one answer for any one condition, but that is what they claim so there it is.  Bam.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Great.....now my achilles hurt.  

Randy

Zelanie

Thanks for the link.  I have to come clean- I've been dealing with nagging heel pain for a few months now, and I'm not sure whether it's an insertional achilles issue, PF, or just a bruise that hasn't healed.  I've finally gotten to where I need to do something, so I've been doing eccentric heel drops for about a week now.  This gives me some more ideas to try. Smile

Will run for scenery.

I'm thinking my recent heel pain may be AT after all.  The article was very interesting.  Two things I liked about it :

1) It actually explained why you do those heel drop exercises.  I like knowing why.

2) For once there's an injury where you can do something about it, not just take time off.  I'm sick of time off.

Anyway, my AT is definitely sore today, but that might be b/c I spent a lot of time mashing on it yesterday with my fingers.  I did the eccentric heel drop exercises (on the stairway at work) and felt a little pain.  So I guess that's good.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!