Beginners and Beyond

Who the Hell is Running This Show Wednesdailies?! (Read 80 times)

Docket_Rocket

I got out of the dinner but I still think I am taking that SRD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Reports from home are that the buck is gone, Scotty!   No more passing it.  Joking

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oski, you missed out on all that Venison!

Scotty, glad you're not feeling too run down. (see, I used it too). Seems like that driver was more of a horse's butt than the backside of that police horse you encountered a while back.

SRD for me today. Up early, at work at 6:15 to get the computers ready for the training class. Home eating dinner, 1 load of laundry, have to put a coat of polyurethane on a shelf I've stained for the basement, then getting running and work cloths ready for tomorrow. Shooting pool tonight. I hope my skill has returned!

I'll be done running before sunup tomorrow!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Ended up running 3 miles with hubby.  He did pretty good.  Hoping for no pain tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi dailies:

10.18 on the big hills, easy pace.  Legs felt surprisingly good.  A beautiful sunny and dry cusp-of-fall day, I was able to pluck an apple overhead without even breaking stride and ate it on the run.  Sweet and tart and delicious.

LRB

I was able to pluck an apple overhead without even breaking stride and ate it on the run.

You are The One.

outoftheblue

Good afternoon -- I've been slacking off on posting in the Dailies this week, I need to get back at it!

SUS -- so sorry about your marathon.  I've been there myself.  I DNS the first two marathons I signed up for.  Shin splints got me for #1 and PF got me for #2.  You're body will toughen up and you will get there and, trust me, it is all the sweeter when you do.

Speaking of marathons -- I'm now 10 days away from number three.  I did some mile repeats  at 10K pace today to try to wake the legs up.  I'm still not really sure what my strategy is going to be for this one.  It's the same marathon (Half Moon Bay) I did last year, except they've changed the course so the hardest trail sections and hills are now between miles 19 and 25.  I've practiced the new route on my last 20 miler and was shocked how much harder it was to run up and down rutted and bumpy trails on tired legs.   I'd like to PR over SF, but if I go out too hard, I'm going to be literally stumbling in at the end.   Decisions, decisions.

Life is good.

LRB

Decisions, decisions.

My decision would be to find a flat course! lol

I must have missed where you even said you were running a marathon and I do not miss much!  I would expect you have accrued the necessary mileage to finish strong, the only thing left would be to resist racing most of the first half all out and you should be okay with tapered legs to tackle the hills.

Good luck!  Sneaky!

B-Plus

Hi dailies:

10.18 on the big hills, easy pace.  Legs felt surprisingly good.  A beautiful sunny and dry cusp-of-fall day, I was able to pluck an apple overhead without even breaking stride and ate it on the run.  Sweet and tart and delicious.

Damn, Jay ...

2 x 3 mi @ 6:39, 6:36, 6:29; 6:32, 6:37, 6:33. 1 min recovery in between - 10.1 miles total

Dad on the run.

Biceps and triceps done today. Didn't get my run in though because my wife had to stay late. In fact she still isn't home Sad. Doing 3 or 4 in the AM.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.