Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES run on caffeine (Read 57 times)

StepbyStep-SH

I should get about an hour in on the TM before my strength class. I will keep it all in an easy range. Ankle seems to be OK this morning, but I don't want to take chances. This little delay, on top of January starting out so rough, has me second-guessing my goal for May. I'm wondering if I should just focus on building my mileage and endurance back up this cycle, run Fargo for fun and to add another state, and then try for the BQ in the fall. smiley-undecided Confidence is not my strong suit.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! I had a really miserable day at work yesterday so I skipped my workout video and went to the bar :/ Sigh. Tonight's a rest day but I will have to get my ITB rehab in. I've been really slacking. I have a follow up meeting with the doc on my ITB so hopefully she will lay some guilt on my lazy ass.

runmomto3boys

Mitch: Good morning!

Kay: Morning!

Dave: Enjoy those 6 lunch time miles!

LRB: Taking off to do speed work?  Fun!  Enjoy the work out and day off!

Flarunner: Great job getting the 6 in early.

Damaris: I hope you are feeling better today and can get your work outs done.

Hilary: Great job on the TM run.  I hope swim class goes well, sweetie!

Tom: Great advice!  I agree, 100%.  I hope the recovery miles go well!

Jess: Sometimes booze > work outs and last night was one of those nights!  S'okay.  Get back to it today!  I hope the IT band is healing up OK.  IT stuff just blows.

Shari: I hope the ankle is on the mend.  I know it is frustrating what you've been dealing with on top of trying to train for a FM.

Kristin: Best of luck to you with your plan!  I'm glad your IT band junk is doing so much better!

Phil: I hope the PT appointment goes well!

Bruce: Ouch!  I'm glad the toe thingy didn't interfere with your run.  Phew!

Sparker: Good luck on the 3!

Zelanie

Morning!  I had a great tempo run last night.  I hadn't run more than 2 without taking a recovery before, so I was nervous about the 4.  I decided to start slowly (actually just out of my tempo range) and then gradually speed up as I went.  Success!  RD for me today.

April- Those cupcakes are super cute!

Bruce- Hope the toe heals up for you!

Tom- Boo to no half sizes available in your shoes!

Pinktastic

Good Morning and Happy Fat Tuesday!!

It seems like we just celebrated Christmas yesterday and then I blinked and it’s already Fat Tuesday.  I have no idea where January went!

Kay – As always, thanks for the coffee – I need it!!

Mitch – Hope you’re able to get some good rest today!

DaveP – Sounds like you’re already well-caffeinated today.   Have a great run at lunch!

LRB – Seems like you’re enjoying a nice and relaxing morning routine.   I think I’m jealous….   Hope your run goes Pinksationally today!

Scott – May your 3 after work go smoothly!

Flarunner – Nice run this morning!!   I hate running in humid weather and it always makes me slower too.   Of course, I’m pretty freaking slow to begin with.    ;-)

Damaris – I hope you feel much, much better today!!   Have a wonderful day!

Hilary – I’m glad that you’ve loved your swimming lessons so much!   I love it when people find new things that they enjoy!

Heidi – I agree completely – running during the day is a treat!   Your Mom is awesome!!  Have a Pinktacular run!!

Tom – Sorry about the shoes, but great run yesterday!!   I hope your run today goes incredibly well!

Kristin10185 – What a great run this morning!!   That is so Pink-mazing!!   Good luck with your new plan!

Bruce – My toes hurt just thinking about you stubbing yours on weights!  Ouch!!   I hope that it doesn’t continue to cause you pain.   Nice run this morning!

Phil – What’s on the schedule movie-wise today?   I hope that PT goes well and that you’re making significant leaps in progress!!

Scrape – Glad you made it back from your 10 miler in one piece!  That black ice is nothing to sneeze at!

Jedi – Great run this morning!!   Have a fabulous day!

Scotty – I’m glad that I don’t have 100 or so available routes.  I’d spend all day trying to decide where to run and then I wouldn’t get any work done or get my run in because I was still deciding.    ;-)    Wherever you decide to go, have a beautiful run!!

April – That was so thoughtful of you to make cupcakes for us!!   Thank you!!  Sorry about the hip!  I hope it heals quickly and that you’re back to running in no time!

Fuzzy – Hope your wife feels better soon!   Good luck with your intervals today!!

AmiK – Treadmill rash – ouch!!   You had a great run this morning!   Way to get it done even when you were worried about it!!

Robert – Hope the rain subsides long enough for you to get your run in later!   Have a great day!!

DCDan – No caffeine until April?  Wow!   Are you giving it up for Lent or is the decision health related (if you don’t mind my asking)?  I wish you the best of luck with that no matter what the reason!

Shari – Glad to hear that the ankle seems okay today!  Yay!   Have a fabulous run and a great workout in strength class today!

Lilac – Hope today is so, so much better than yesterday!!   Good luck with your doctor’s appointment!

Zelanie – What a wonderful run yesterday!   Enjoy your rest day!!

Normally, I work from home on Tuesdays and get in a MLR before I start working, but I had to drive into the office for a "Town Hall" today.   I did manage to squeeze in 6 and change before work though so, while it wasn't what I wanted, I got in something today.  It was sprinkling while I was running, but it waited to start pouring until I was leaving for work so the run was great and the drive sucked.   I'd rather have it that way than the other way though.....

Have a wonderful day, Runners!!   And, may your next run give you the courage to reach for your dreams!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

DCDan78

DCDan – No caffeine until April?  Wow!   Are you giving it up for Lent or is the decision health related (if you don’t mind my asking)?  I wish you the best of luck with that no matter what the reason!

It's a lent thing.  I did it last year and found it hard at first, but also a good way to reset and listen to my own body about when it's tired, etc.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

3.5 mile recovery run, 9:26 overall pace with slightly negative splits. Nice little run.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Pinktastic it was pinkmazing lol because I was wearing a hot pink sports bra, light pink teck shirt, bright pink zipup, hot pink running beanie and hot pink gloves this morning Wink

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Pink is always good.....Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

9 x 400's at "R" pace w/400 meter recoveries done!

I was hoping for an average pace of 6:30-ish, but there were two laps in there at 6:50, so I will have to settle for an average of 6:40 for the 2.25 miles total that I ran at "R" pace.

It is a lot tougher when you are actually out there running it, as opposed to thinking about it in the days leading up to it lol!

Having said that, with warmup, recoveries and cool down data included, my total for today was 9 miles.

Tough workout but a good one.  I will work on eliminating those long laps next time out, but as it is, me a happy boy!

Pinktastic

Pinktastic it was pinkmazing lol because I was wearing a hot pink sports bra, light pink teck shirt, bright pink zipup, hot pink running beanie and hot pink gloves this morning Wink

That sounds like a Pinksational outfit!   What a lovely way to start your day!!   Big grin

LRB

That sounds like a Pinksational outfit!   What a lovely way to start your day!!   Big grin

You two are crackin' me up!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning ya'll, I'll admit to skimming through posts.

Last night wasn't a great run, but oh well I got it in. Today is going to be a nice day, nice enough to take little butt out for a walk around late this afternoon so I hope for a minimal of 3 miles but will aim for 4 miles like last Friday.

Hope everyone is enjoying their runs, strength training, relaxation, and coffee, hope runs go well for all. There I think I included everyone's day Big grin

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Pinktastic

You two are crackin' me up!

LRB, I bet you could totally ROCK some Pink!!