Beginners and Beyond

Whens-daily Penguins (Read 22 times)

tracilynn

Woohoo Robert! Drive safely

running warehouse is having a big sale on Hokas so I got 2 pair for $113 Shipped!

Been up since 4 am with a puking 5 yr old and not sure I will have the energy to run later tonight. Blah.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

Don't tell Docket!!  She's got too many shoes already! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

I think she already owns them all

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

She's probably RW.  It's not a real company, it's just Docket's closet!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Only ran 2 miles.  Quads are still angry.

Safe and fun trip, Robert.

From the Internet.

Evening pens! I'm an idiot. Huge idiot. I just now realized that 9 hours ago, I went on total autopilot and lifted my 45lb kid into and out of the car when I brought her to school this morning. I'm not supposed to lift more than 10lbs for 6 weeks and it's only been 1!! D: I didn't even notice physically, just remembered when I picked her up, so hopefully that's a good sign, but eek! I need some kind of buzzer or something to remind me not to pick things up!!

On a happier note I got in a walk/run today - 2 minutes jog/4 walk, the last 3 were a little long so 11.5 (ah, 13.5 - can't do simple math apparently) minutes running total, or just over a mile. But now I'm fretting about the whole lifting-the-kid thing and can't bask in how much I was able to run today, haha.

Docket_Rocket

I already checked and I have them already....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Evening pens! I'm an idiot. Huge idiot. I just now realized that 9 hours ago, I went on total autopilot and lifted my 45lb kid into and out of the car when I brought her to school this morning. I'm not supposed to lift more than 10lbs for 6 weeks and it's only been 1!! D: I didn't even notice physically, just remembered when I picked her up, so hopefully that's a good sign, but eek! I need some kind of buzzer or something to remind me not to pick things up!!

On a happier note I got in a walk/run today - 2 minutes jog/4 walk, the last 3 were a little long so 11.5 (ah, 13.5 - can't do simple math apparently) minutes running total, or just over a mile. But now I'm fretting about the whole lifting-the-kid thing and can't bask in how much I was able to run today, haha.

I did some things I was not supposed to do during the first 4 weeks post surgery.  You'll be fine.  Did the doctor warn about bleeding (vaginally)? I forgot where was this hernia located.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Oh yeah, you did make a really fast comeback after your surgery, didn't you? Umbilical hernia, they did not warn about bleeding. It's a pretty small incision and entirely in my belly button.

Now I'm being a weirdo and hyperaware of the whole area. Ack. Nothing I can do now, so I will probably head off to bed early and watch Netflix until I can't stay awake anymore, maybe call the office in the morning and see what they have to say.

Docket_Rocket

Oh yeah, you did make a really fast comeback after your surgery, didn't you? Umbilical hernia, they did not warn about bleeding. It's a pretty small incision and entirely in my belly button.

Now I'm being a weirdo and hyperaware of the whole area. Ack. Nothing I can do now, so I will probably head off to bed early and watch Netflix until I can't stay awake anymore, maybe call the office in the morning and see what they have to say.

It's natural.  I had three incisions around the same area.  I had bleeding for two weeks and I was scared the first time I ran/walked because I bled more.  Nothing happened and everything sealed itself fine.  Just don't do it all the time.  Once it's fine.

I lifted Hershey and Trixie that first week and they are both 15lbs.  I was not supposed to lift more than 10 for the first 2 weeks.  I forgot!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

RAch - what products do you produce?  Good luck getting it done with reduced personnel. Hope you had a good run.

I am a photojournalist for the USAF. Every week we put together a newsletter. Click Here for Sample. It is a time-consuming process, but in the end it gets the information out. The one I've been working on most of the week, it's about 8 pages and in the editing process (or I'd share it with y'all). I do that and I also write the stories, take photos, and a whole bunch of administrative stuff around the office. All in a day's work!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I am a photojournalist for the USAF. Every week we put together a newsletter. Click Here for Sample. It is a time-consuming process, but in the end it gets the information out. The one I've been working on most of the week, it's about 8 pages and in the editing process (or I'd share it with y'all). I do that and I also write the stories, take photos, and a whole bunch of administrative stuff around the office. All in a day's work!

Looks great.  You're Ashley?

Docket_Rocket

Jerry, her name is on her avi. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

It's natural.  I had three incisions around the same area.  I had bleeding for two weeks and I was scared the first time I ran/walked because I bled more.  Nothing happened and everything sealed itself fine.  Just don't do it all the time.  Once it's fine.

I lifted Hershey and Trixie that first week and they are both 15lbs.  I was not supposed to lift more than 10 for the first 2 weeks.  I forgot!

TMI, sorry other pens! I actually have been spotting off and on since coming home after surgery - I assumed it was birth control pill-related, I skip the placebo week so I can train/race/live period-free for months at a time but I usually take a week-long break a couple times a year, should be doing it right about now. Maybe it's surgery-related instead?